NWA forum knife, ordering etc.

I second that. Please take your time and enjoy making my knife.

I don't know what they're talking about- after seeing that beautiful example on the front page, with the bargain price under it, I want my knife, and I want it NOW!!! :p Just kidding- thanks for taking on this task, and feel free to do it at your own pace.

I'll third that, take your time. We all know a true craftsman needs time to empower his skills. We want to see that high level of craftsmanship in all our knifes, time is but a byproduct.

I too am in no hurry. No big camping trips planned any time soon. Take you time!
Though I am looking forward to that beautiful knife.

Please put me down for one

Complete package
Green Linen Micarta
Right hand sheath
Pouch for ARMY firesteel
And stamp

Paypal will be sent by friday.

Yeah, what they said! I want my knife made with L-O-V-E...... so please please please take your time, go fishing. You can rush the other guys' knives but take your time with mine!!!! Don't forget the L-O-V-E...:p

love and kisses,

Judy

p.s. Make my knife with L-O-V-E !!!!!
:D

What a great knife, i sent my paypal deposit today,Complete package
Green Canvas Micarta
Left hand sheath
Pouch for ARMY firesteel
And stamp, no rush but would love updates if time, Thanks for taking up such a project...Tony

Down payment sent via PayPal.

Originally I assumed that you'd start shipping the knives around September, but this has turned out to be a big order, probably bigger that you expected. So let me join the chorus. DON'T RUSH IT, at least not on mine. I'm in no hurry whatsoever.

I also want my knife to be made with love and enjoyment. If you enjoy the process of making my knife, you'll allow me to enjoy the details of your excellent craftmanship all the better.

I agree with some previous posts in guessing that most people here will not mind the wait for a carefully and lovingly crafted knife.

This really has turned out much bigger than I thought it would. I am up to darn near 50 orders:thumbup: I still am going to shoot for a Sept. del. as I really want everyone who hunts, to have their knife to use for the season. And, I really just can't stand to make people wait.

I will get with Thayne and we will post a list of everyone who joined in on the fun. The list may not be posted until Monday though.

Thanks for everyones kind words and support.

Nick:)

Ok, I recieved the following reply by that Chinese guy I told you about.

"Yes, me makey knives vewy good! Me make cheap, rikki tik, too, number 1!
No problem you send blanks to me. We knock out fast and always use virgin pee pee for quench. What heat you say again? Get it just red, or mebbe orange? We got em water bufflos for hide make good pouch. No much rattle. Just little bit, ok? You send 650. yen most ricki tik, yes?"

So, Nick, if you want some help.........

:D

Sounds good Nick. I'll get the spreadsheet to you on Friday, and see where we're at.

Seriously, Nick, I think that the majority of the folks who have ordered one of your wonderful knives would rather have you take your time and make each knife like you only had that one to make. Then move on to the next one.

For the guys who hunt, I imagine that they already have at least one hunting knife they can use this fall if the knife from you is not yet completed. Don't push for an unrealistic deadline.

As far as I am concerned, you have no deadline. You have a sh*tload of knives to make and everyone is aware that it is going to take you time to get each and every knife made with the care and attention that you put into each of the knives you make.

50 knives? By one person? And you want to do them alone because they are NWA knives, not NWA and friends knives. We understand that. Yeah, you're making the blanks in groups, but when it comes to actually working on a single knife, that is your focus. That single knife. The most important knife that exists at that point in time. And when you're done, you start the next most important knife that exists at that point in time.

If we wanted production knives and in a hurry, that is what everyone would want agreed to get. But everyone wants a rootin' tootin' NWA knife created with the love and attention you put into making each knife.

Don't stress, don't worry. If you start to get frustrated because it is taking you longer than you wanted it to take, just jump onto this thread and express your frustration. We'll all jump on also and reassure you that we would rather wait for the real NWA knife than a half-assed hurry up and get it done NWA knife (which is not gonna happen).

Okie dokie, pokie? Slow and steady wins the race.

Besides.....

I want a knifeman with a slow hand
I want a maker with an easy touch
I want a maker who will spend some time
On my knife - not come and go in a heated rush
Nick, believe me and understand
When it comes to knives, I want a slow hand

Take it nice and slow and easy, Nick. It will take however long it takes. And we're good with that. And don't forget to go fishing and to spend some time with your kids along the way. You'll get the knives done when you get them done.

Judy

Seriously, Nick, I think that the majority of the folks who have ordered one of your wonderful knives would rather have you take your time and make each knife like you only had that one to make. Then move on to the next one.

For the guys who hunt, I imagine that they already have at least one hunting knife they can use this fall if the knife from you is not yet completed. Don't push for an unrealistic deadline.

As far as I am concerned, you have no deadline. You have a sh*tload of knives to make and everyone is aware that it is going to take you time to get each and every knife made with the care and attention that you put into each of the knives you make.

50 knives? By one person? And you want to do them alone because they are NWA knives, not NWA and friends knives. We understand that. Yeah, you're making the blanks in groups, but when it comes to actually working on a single knife, that is your focus. That single knife. The most important knife that exists at that point in time. And when you're done, you start the next most important knife that exists at that point in time.

If we wanted production knives and in a hurry, that is what everyone would want agreed to get. But everyone wants a rootin' tootin' NWA knife created with the love and attention you put into making each knife.

Don't stress, don't worry. If you start to get frustrated because it is taking you longer than you wanted it to take, just jump onto this thread and express your frustration. We'll all jump on also and reassure you that we would rather wait for the real NWA knife than a half-assed hurry up and get it done NWA knife (which is not gonna happen).

Okie dokie, pokie? Slow and steady wins the race.

Besides.....

I want a knifeman with a slow hand
I want a maker with an easy touch
I want a maker who will spend some time
On my knife - not come and go in a heated rush
Nick, believe me and understand
When it comes to knives, I want a slow hand

Take it nice and slow and easy, Nick. It will take however long it takes. And we're good with that. And don't forget to go fishing and to spend some time with your kids along the way. You'll get the knives done when you get them done.

Judy

I think TJ said it all. It takes what it takes with timeout for living and loving.:D

Mark T.

Completely agree with the above posts. Quality takes time, and you have a ton of knives for a single person to make. We all can be patient.

I am sure you started making knives because you enjoyed it and it was fun for you. Please do not let our orders take the joy out of making knives for you. Whenever they are done, then that is when they are done; because we all know that the wait will more than worth the results.

Thanks again for doing this project, and like others said remember to please take some time for yourself these next months.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all of the positive replies here:) Judy definitely has a way with words. There is no question I will be taking a Saturday here and there to take my son fishing. We are also planning a trip to Cedar Point

Thanks again
Nick:)

I agree with the above post as well, take time enjoy yourself and son, no rush, everyone has custom or production knife to hunt with, so enjoy yourself and don't fret,there are alot of knives to be made and every one wants your craftsmanship in their knife,so no rush on my end...have fun in life enjoy your God giving gift and the gift he gave you a son ! TD

Ah, Cedar Point. Now your talking in MY area of specialty.:)

Have fun, and if you haven't been to Cedar Point before, make sure to ride Millenium Force, and Top Thrill Dragster. Each were the tallest in the world when they opened. Even my father in law, who presents the tough guy image, dropped the F bomb while sitting next to a 12 year old on Millenium Force the first time he rode it.

Also, go over to www.rcdb.com.

later
xdshooter

MOnies sent via paypal. i didnt specify the fire steel but they will be The Army model 3 3/4 inches long.

Thanks

Kelly

I am pretty sure I have everyone who has ordered on my list. Please check the first post of this thread and make sure your name is on there if you have ordered the knife. If not, shoot me an email. Thanks

I agree with everyone else. I hunt but do not care if I have the knife for this season or even if I get it this year. Take your time and ENJOY making them, that's what it's all about. If anybody was in a rush, they'd have gone and bought a knife from china. Even if you rush it and they ALL come out perfect and everyone is overjoyed...you would not have ENJOYED making them all and then would never want to take on another project again which wouldn't be fair for all the other people out there that will want one of your great knifes in the future... :)

anyone ever consider doing this same thing for a straight razor that everyone can use everyday?

Back