Official Sign-Up List for Koster Knife Kits

no kit knives have shipped yet, sorry guys. I'm not interested in screwing these up just to get 'em out the door. I'm trying to get everything ready at the same time...a monumental, but acheivable task. That includes tutorials, scaled CAD drawings for handle templates, getting the handle material cut to size, finishing up the bushcraft kit knives and so on. I've had a few setbacks...so, I'm holding on to these until I can make sure they are 100% what I want them to be. If that means I lose a few of you guys, I'm willing to take that risk. If anybody wants a refund, I will gladly issue one.

That said, I think if you guys will stick it out.....you will be delighted with the results.

Where else can you get a fully finished knife blank that was made by hand? ...with top-notch steels...well-designed....well thought-out....and so on.

These aren't going to just be junked up blanks made of 440B steel with retarded designs and hard-to-work handle shapes....(like you'd get from off-the-shelf knife suppliers)...

Like I said...if anyone wants off the ride...I'm 100% ok with that.

I do guarantee my work and your satisfaction.

:thumbup:

Dan

Cool .......... :thumbup:

No problem...... love the "ride" & anticipated end result.......... also understand completely as per latest post from you yesterday.

Thank's for the update yesterday Dan ......... it cut's down 110% on the "worry factor" as to whether they have been lost in the mail or not.......... ;)

no kit knives have shipped yet, sorry guys. I'm not interested in screwing these up just to get 'em out the door. I'm trying to get everything ready at the same time...a monumental, but acheivable task. That includes tutorials, scaled CAD drawings for handle templates, getting the handle material cut to size, finishing up the bushcraft kit knives and so on. I've had a few setbacks...so, I'm holding on to these until I can make sure they are 100% what I want them to be. If that means I lose a few of you guys, I'm willing to take that risk. If anybody wants a refund, I will gladly issue one.

That said, I think if you guys will stick it out.....you will be delighted with the results.

Where else can you get a fully finished knife blank that was made by hand? ...with top-notch steels...well-designed....well thought-out....and so on.

These aren't going to just be junked up blanks made of 440B steel with retarded designs and hard-to-work handle shapes....(like you'd get from off-the-shelf knife suppliers)...

Dan

:thumbup::thumbup: to having them done right but waiting a little longer.

email/paypal deposit sent to add another! one of each color!----I'm a poet and didin't even know it!-HeHe

Dan

No sweat on this end.
Would much rather wait for a great knife than get a rushed so-so knife.

Thanks for the update Dan.

Cheers

Dan

If anyone opts out, I'll take theirs. Seriously.

Bump to keep this on the first page. Any new timeframe identified?

Yep........ :thumbup:
Not to sound like a "smart a$$", but it was identified back on 09-12-2008 05:15 PM by Dan in the post quoted below.

Paraphrased by me....... :D .......... It says:

I am working on these and everything else I have going as hard and as fast as I can. I sometimes underestimate the time it will take to totally complete a quality product. This is not done on purpose and in no way am I trying to mislead anyone........ things just usually take longer than they take..........
ie. ........STUFF HAPPENS..... :thumbup: ;)

I am working as hard as I can... so .........You will see them when you see them. :thumbup:

IF anyone is not satisified with that, I am sorry and will be more than happy to give you a complete refund. That is the best I can do as I am doing all that I can possibly do in the shop now.

However, those that choose to "hang in there" till the end will not be sorry. I 'Ga-ron-T' .......
:thumbup: :D

----------------

Now, do remember............ the above paraphrase was done by me......... "teacher".......

The quote by Dan is below.

I, know how it is to almost "bite off more than you can chew"............. :eek:

Soooooooooooo, I choose to wait patiently and look forward to the end result........... especially since he finally posted what he did the other day......... again, quoted below. That helped a lot that he finally answered. ;)

Dan

Wow teacher you read into posts in a very dramatic way. I must say that I hope that your interpretation is wrong and that Dan can provide a more quantifiable timeframe for shipping.

Personally I am mildly disturbed with some peoples attitudes on this project. Dan will basically be producing 80+ custom knives in just a couple months on top of his commitments with K9 his own regular custom work and the college he teaches at. Has anyone figured out yet that he will be making more knives in just a few months than most custom makers can put out in a few years. I think everyone just needs to chill out and learn to be patient.

Perhaps my wording is not reflecting my actual interest...I'm mostly interested in reading an update on the project. I am not trying to push for immediate shipment (which seems to be the way I am coming across). I believe Dan is a good communicator who often takes advantage of requests for updates or information. I understand Knife__Geek that Dan has many responsiblities including the ones you listed and a family, along with the Survior and Bushmaster projects.

Dan, apparently some of your other customers believe that I need to learn some patience so feel free to disregard my last two posts and this post if you like and I will attempt to wait for natural updates. No promises.

Wow teacher you read into posts in a very dramatic way. I must say that I hope that your interpretation is wrong and that Dan can provide a more quantifiable timeframe for shipping.

:D I think "dramatic" might be a bit of an overstatement dczippo...... :D and remember...... that was just my paraphrase. ;)

Personally I am mildly disturbed with some peoples attitudes on this project. Dan will basically be producing 80+ custom knives in just a couple months on top of his commitments with K9 his own regular custom work and the college he teaches at. Has anyone figured out yet that he will be making more knives in just a few months than most custom makers can put out in a few years. I think everyone just needs to chill out and learn to be patient.

Perhaps my wording is not reflecting my actual interest...I'm mostly interested in reading an update on the project. I am not trying to push for immediate shipment (which seems to be the way I am coming across). I believe Dan is a good communicator who often takes advantage of requests for updates or information. I understand Knife__Geek that Dan has many responsiblities including the ones you listed and a family, along with the Survior and Bushmaster projects.

Dan, apparently some of your other customers believe that I need to learn some patience so feel free to disregard my last two posts and this post if you like and I will attempt to wait for natural updates. No promises.

I don't disagree totally with you dczippo. I realize Dan did post that the Option #1 knives would ship almost three weeks ago I think it was.

Yep, a timely direct post saying this did not happen would have ended the questions, simple as that.

BUT, "read between the lines" so to speak....... and look at all the things Dan has on his plate and I think one can see what Knife_Geek is talking about.

Dan, I think; makes a quality knife. I think he want to do a GREAT job on all of them.

Sure, he may underestimate the time it will take.......... BUT, in the big scheme of things........ as long as he throws a honest update out there every now and then, I have no problem with a time frame.

That is why I said......... "you'll see them when you see them". ;)

I have come to realize he is most likely working his a$$ off making all this stuff happen...... :eek: :D
AND, when he get's them done he will mail them out.....

any updates on the knives?

Also Dan, I never did get a confirmation on my payment. I paid in full a while back, and I just wanted to make sure you got it. Please let me know

made progress on these today!!!

finger crossed I can get this wrapped up asap...

Dan

Back