Official Sign-Up List for Koster Knife Kits

Personally I am mildly disturbed with some peoples attitudes on this project. Dan will basically be producing 80+ custom knives in just a couple months on top of his commitments with K9 his own regular custom work and the college he teaches at. Has anyone figured out yet that he will be making more knives in just a few months than most custom makers can put out in a few years. I think everyone just needs to chill out and learn to be patient.

Thanks Mrs. Koster....:jerkit:

Are you saying that I am Dan posting under an unknown handle just to buy himself some time? I am shocked that someone would attack me over standing up for an amazing gentleman who has taken on the single largest project of this type that I have ever heard of. Despite my temper telling me to say more I am going to leave it at this and hope you let it drop here as well.

Man, with all the things going on, people act like this stuff is the most critical thing on the planet.

Get over it... Dan will get them out when he is ready to get them out. He will not sacrifice quality for speed and we all know that. You think you have been waiting long??!??!?!??!? Drop out... This is nothing compared to Busse and Swamp Rat! :D

Waiting is 1/2 the fun!! Anticipation makes the prize more sweet!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Ok OK OK...my attempt at humor has obviously failed...no foul intended.

Posted : 9-22-2008, 02:23 AM
Personally I am mildly disturbed with some peoples attitudes on this project. Dan will basically be producing 80+ custom knives in just a couple months on top of his commitments with K9 his own regular custom work and the college he teaches at. Has anyone figured out yet that he will be making more knives in just a few months than most custom makers can put out in a few years. I think everyone just needs to chill out and learn to be patient.

Posted: 10-04-2008 03:35 PM

Posted: Yesterday 08:27 PM
Ok OK OK...my attempt at humor has obviously failed...no foul intended.

Yep, looks like it did...... :thumbup:
My biggest concern is that you had.... 12+ days to come up with the, "humor"....... :yawn: :confused:
Was that the best you could do ??? ;)
Nothing personal mind you, just curious...........

Dan, I've now paid in full for my Bushcraft kit and Bushmaster, paypal #9PP87015N89866010. Rob

The Option 1 Bush-Kit Knives are complete!

If you are not paid up, now's the time...I am starting to ship these TODAY!!!!

:thumbup:

Dan

Cool stuff. Can't wait to get started on mine.

Thanks for the update, Dan, and thanks for all your hard work on this project.

Ok....I've decided that instead of going through the whole tutorial process with my tools (which aren't going to match you guys' tools)...I'm going to hold a contest instead for anyone that posts their own tutorial. Will get to that later.

To help you, I've made up a template and basic process checklist and uploaded it here:

www.kosterknives.com/KosterKnivesKitHandle.pdf

I'll add this to the first post as well. :thumbup:

Dan

GENERAL NOTE:

It wouldn't hurt to go ahead and email me your mailing address and payment status/history - that will definitely speed things along. :thumbup:

Dan

The following are boxed up and ready to go:

(remember, I am doing the Option 1 blanks first...if you have multiples including Option 2 or 3 blanks...then I've got yours set aside until I have those ready to go as well).

:thumbup:

Ryan H
Jim K
Carlos B
Charles L
Mike S
David V
Thomas M
Doug C
Mark S
Stephen R
Paul V