Official SURVIVE! picture thread

You all have me eyeing the 3.5 pretty hard now!

Great pics!

Brand new to BladeForums!
Here's my current lineup of Survive!'s.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435292833.285125.jpg
The GSO 10 bit me a couple weeks ago when I wasn't paying attention.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435292937.243253.jpg

Welcome to the forums! That's a nice line-up you've got there. Don't let that 10 start thinking it's the boss, lol :D

welcome Standard78! I'm impressed you were able to find Survive! without bladeforums (though i know there are other knife forums out there). Since joining, my wife and i have a new dance called "can i buy a knife this month" thanks to my exposure to so many great makers.

Welcome to the forums! That's a nice line-up you've got there. Don't let that 10 start thinking it's the boss, lol :D
Thanks Hard Knocks! I ended up putting it on restriction for a while! Until I heal completely. It happened so fast that I didn't feel any pain until the blood started gushing.

welcome Standard78! I'm impressed you were able to find Survive! without bladeforums (though i know there are other knife forums out there). Since joining, my wife and i have a new dance called "can i buy a knife this month" thanks to my exposure to so many great makers.
Thank you redwood! I happened to stumble across them last year thanks to MoS!
I had to get my hands on one and it's been downhill ever since.
I've already subscribed to a few for sale threads on here and my wallet will hate me!

Welcome to Bladeforums and our subforum. Very cool you made your first post here. Great looking S! family you have. Watch out for the sharp end on that 10!

Thank you Silver Needle!
I think I'll stick to this group and maybe Spyderco because it's all I'm really interested in. It'll be easier for me to mind my P's and Q's that way because I can't stand complainers or bullies.
The Survive! Group seems to be a great bunch of humble people that actually use their gear.

Thank you Silver Needle!
I think I'll stick to this group and maybe Spyderco because it's all I'm really interested in. It'll be easier for me to mind my P's and Q's that way because I can't stand complainers or bullies.
The Survive! Group seems to be a great bunch of humble people that actually use their gear.

Glad to have you over here, Bry..... I mean Standard :D

I think you'll fit right in!

Thank you Silver Needle!

:thumbup: I'm pretty happy with how awesome the SURVIVE! sub-forum has become.

It's night and day difference from some of the old threads and that was the only reason I stayed away. It looks like you all did a great job of weeding out the negativity.

Yeah, I modified the scales on the 6. Where the handle followed the guard the handle would dig into my pointer finger. So it's gone now! And the other is a fiddleback forge camp knife, production model cpm 3v.

Yeah, I modified the scales on the 6. Where the handle followed the guard the handle would dig into my pointer finger. So it's gone now! And the other is a fiddleback forge camp knife, production model cpm 3v.

Your camp knife didn't inspire your GSO mod at all, did it? :rolleyes:

Crazy how that tiny mod changes the look of the knife. I like it! How did you do it?

I had never seen a Fiddleback Forge knife before. Really like the look of it and think the design philosophy makes a lot of sense. You are truly a knife connoisseur!

Haha, nope. Kinda odd they look the same huh? I actually did the mod a while back using a picture of the camp knife, I have a couple dogwood knives that have the same cut off right there. Also I had a fiddleback hunter with the same thing. After using those blades is when I felt like the gso was a little uncomfortable. It did change the feel, expecially when I rounded the palm swell out (less boxy). I honestly thought I would sell the 6 after getting the camp knife, but I can't do it the 6 is a sweet blade!

Survivin' at sea...

c774dd3541f7761d115f0e621717424b.jpg

Thank you Silver Needle!

Nice little corner of the knife world in here for sure :thumbup:

Tinbanger, nice mod, and that knife of Andy's looks great too.

Back