Official W&SS Koster Neck Knife Order Thread

Just forward me the paypal notification you sent money and give me a sentence or two with what you ordered, your name, etc.

Kev

I just sent payment via PayPal for a micarta handled version.
I just realised that there was no option to change shipping fee (I'm international).
Should I send the extra $20 to Dan through Paypal again?

Yes.

:thumbup:

Dan

Ok, now that paypal is an option, I think I want one of these. Just want to confirm a couple of things first. I will be getting a black canvas handle shipped to Canada. Total cost will be $125.00 right?. Do I need to add anymore for paypal fees? Also, the standard sheath include, is it neck only or is there a belt loop on it? Finally, what address do I send the paypal to? Sorry for all the confusion, just wanted to verify my info before I send payment. I guess I also should have asked if there is any more spots open first....Thanks.:D

Total for BCM shipped to Canada will $130 via Paypal (dan @ kosterknives . com)

Standard kydex sheath included with every knife, handles or not. If you want a belt-loop kydex sheath...will be $35 additional.

I think the list is first-come-first-served...so as long as you get 'er in there before the others arrive...you'll be good to go. :thumbup:

Dan

Can I add $35 via paypal to upgrade the sheath?

If I send you $35 to upgrade the sheath now, will the new sheath ship with the knife? It sounds like you'll be doing the extra sheaths separately. I like the extra sheath, it looks very comfortable for waist carry.

Can I add $35 via paypal to upgrade the sheath?

$36.50 via paypal = thanks!

Will a Tek-Lok fit onto the sheath?

Yes - and will be set up for vertical, horizontal and IWB carry.

If I send you $35 to upgrade the sheath now, will the new sheath ship with the knife? It sounds like you'll be doing the extra sheaths separately. I like the extra sheath, it looks very comfortable for waist carry.

Yes - I will be doing extra sheaths before sending the knife out. Brian and Kevin are putting together the list for me and keeping all the details.

Remember guys - send copies of your paypal payments to Brian/Kevin...as well as any changes, details or extras.

Thanks!

Dan

I just sent $36.50 to Dan via PP to cover the kydex belt sheath.

Kevin/Brian, what email address do I forward the PP email to?

Thanks

Hey Kevin,
I think I may have screwed up the Paypal notification to you. I noticed that I wasn't on the list yet (Which is a pretty good sign that I did screw up). I sent you an email via BF with all my details just in case. If you are willing to give me your email address, I can forward the actual Paypal Payment Received mail. Sorry for the cock-up.

How does this steel compare to O1? I have a Gossman psk already, would I gain anything by going with this steel?

All payments have been forwarded. :thumbup:

Shotgun - O1 is a great steel - I use a lot of it. But the only advantage it has over CPM 3V is ease of sharpening/polishing and perhaps the cost of the steel. CPM 3V is tougher (impact strength), has better edge-holding/wear-resistance, and is somewhat rust-resistance (7% chromium). It is a "super steel" and has no true competitor. Other steels may do better in a specific task, but no other is as good "all-around". And it is easier to sharpen than D2 or S30V.

Dan

Dan
I also may wish to upgrade the handle, gosh that green looks good. What is the hole size in the blade blank? 1/4, 3/8? I still have a couple of months right?
Rodney aka Sharpguytoo

1/4" in the front, 3/8" in the back (with a few thousandths wiggle-room for a lanyard).

The skeletonized version will be done within 4-6 weeks....and the handled-versions, another 4-8 weeks after that.
(current projection estimate only...not a prediction ;))

But if you want handles on it....best to let us know before I start the glue-up run...to not miss out on it.

Dan

My money order went out in today's mail.

Glenn

Hey Guys,
I'd like to go with the green micarta rather than the natural... Will paypal the $5 difference to Dan today... Thx.

Last edited:
Back