Official W&SS Koster Neck Knife Order Thread

I just wanted to put back up the specs of the knife so I don't have to keep digging for the original thread. As far as I know, this info is still correct...

3" blade
3.5" handle
CPM 3V Steel Flat Ground
1/8" thick
1" wide blade
Included Kydex Sheath with integral 3rd layer slim belt loop
Upgrade to micarta handle slabs for approximately $30 more
Kephart-inspired handle and spearpoint blade
Sharp 90 degree spine for firesteel striking
Koster "K" marking and no "WS&S" logo or "BF" logo

Good move lazerboy2000.... :thumbup:
~~~~~~~
Here are some images to go with the specs ......

WSSPrototype0101-04.jpg

WSS20Necker.jpg

The beginning........ :)
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603537

The announcement........... :eek:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604400

Stage 2 ............. ;)
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604378

The result...................... :thumbup:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605686

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~
I do have one question for Brian, Dan, or Kevin about the sheath.

On his forum Dan described these sheaths with the loop in detail. I am assuming this is the same sheath he is talking about for this project.
Here is the link...... http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584434&highlight=kydex+loop

In that thread Dan states he can put the loop where ever he wants.

QUESTIONS : Could the below be options on the sheath ?

1. Can the loop be placed for horizontal carry ?

2. Can the loop be placed a bit higher or at least even with the top of the knife handle to eliminate the "high rider" style ? While many like the "high rider" style, I personally hate it and find it useless?

Thank you.... just curious ...... :thumbup: :)

~~~~~~~~
I'll get the answers to your questions as soon as possible. ~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
Thanks also for checking on the sheath questions/options I asked about. :thumbup:

Brian...... any info on these questions yet?
Just a reminder so it is not forgotten...... :thumbup: ;)

I will send out my MO in the morning. I have been out of town. These are looking great.

Here's the list of people who said maybe or that they were definitely in. There are already 57 here, plus 2 for Kevin and I, so, if everyone of these is spoken for by actual payment, then only 16 pieces will remain! But, to reserve your knfe, you must be within the first 73 to pay for your order. NAMES IN RED BOLD HAVE CONFIRMED THEY ARE "IN" AND SENDING PAYMENT. Those in non-red bold confirmed, and will get knives pending payment if knives are still available.

1. hillst1
2. Jeff H
3. mtnfolk mike
4. j williams
5. Rupestris
6. highdesertwalker
7. halfserrated

I'm gonna have to pass Brian. I met a Busse I couldn't resist and spent the grocery money.

I will gladly do custom kydex sheaths for this one...but only after the production run is finished. :thumbup:

The sheath shown in the pictures above is a fairly versatile/multi-postion carry sheath that is also simple/straightforward to make consistently over and over again - which is why it is included in the $75 price.

Dan

I will gladly do custom kydex sheaths for this one...but only after the production run is finished. :thumbup:

The sheath shown in the pictures above is a fairly versatile/multi-postion carry sheath that is also simple/straightforward to make consistently over and over again - which is why it is included in the $75 price.

Dan

Thanks for the answer Dan. I understand. :thumbup:

Not interested in a "custom kydex" though.

I was only wondering about a higher loop placement option as was discussed in the sheath thread referenced above..... quoted below.

By what you said in the quote below, I thought loop placement was no big deal.

My bad for misunderstanding.

I think that is a cool idea. :thumbup:
For me though, due to a comfort issue......... I would want the option of having the "loop" come up at least even with the top of the knife handle.
Up to 1/2 inch or a bit more above, would be fine also.
Just my .02

I'd want a longer loop too. Sheaths with a short loop like that stick out to the side too much for me. And high rides dig into my ribs.

Any chance of a longer loop being an option for us guys who find the "highrider" style uncomfortable to wear ?

Cool thing about this, guys - I can put the loop wherever I want it. ;)

Dan

drop loop kydex sheath is a custom sheath....uses more material, takes more time/effort, and I have to use different rivets. As shown above, I will gladly place the loop anywhere the customer wants, at whatever angle too.

dan- i still would love to be a part of this...:eek: i have some $$$ coming in the mail and i was expecting it sooner....:( if you need to bump me from the list or take my name off...please feel free...

other than that.. i'll try and get it out a.s.a.p...

Kevin,
Please let me know you received payment,I show it was delivered.
Delivered On: 01/02/2009 Friday
1:30 P.M.
Delivered To: BRISTOL, CT, US
Service: 3 DAY SELECT
Thanks Tony

don't forget guys - money/funds go to Kevin/Brian...not me.

Send it to me and I might end up using it for a nice night on the town. :D :eek: :p

:foot:

Dan

Sent in my payment today for a standard model.

Looking forward to it!

All the best,

- Mike

More names added to the original list. 16 spoken for as of today and it isn't even the end of the first week in January.

Back