Oh s#rew this....

Exciting to say the least. From the article (nice pictures too), it looks like they will be able to extract a lot of venom from this big guy for use in making the anti-venom. Thanks for the entertainment Andy - though probably not so entertaining when one has to deal with them. Mike

Andy man how do you do it? Seems like everything there can kill or eat you! I'm a damn snake magnet so a trip down there is now definitły out of the question!

Only ever seen one brown even close to that size...a tad over 6 feet ... in reality, away from the house/camp Mr Legless does not really bother me. You would be just fine mate.... just don't go "backpacking" here... foreign "backpackers" tend to have issues.... ;)

Oh my GOSH! That picture of the surfer just floating in the ocean while that shark is just WAITING for him to fall in. . . I mean I guess he could eat the surf board too lol Still. . . . If I ever go to Australia, I will NOT be swimming in the ocean. . I have heard too many scary stories about the amount of sharks. :eek:

Pokey, I have one "phobia" in life and it is sharks.... Crocs etc are fine with me, they don't give me the chills or an inexplicable fear, but sharks do. I am of the mind they are ALL just WAITING for ME to enter the water to strike...!!!!! Now that said, shark attacks are statistically very very low here, there are plenty of patrolled and netted beaches where you would be fine. That said... don't expect ME to accompany you into the water.... LOL But that is just me...!!! I think I saw Jaws when I was too young...!!

Funny, when I was last up in the NT you got both Crocs and Sharks in the rivers, you could have a great honking 4m Salty near the boat or bank where you were fishing and I was find....a 1m shark shoots by and I am trying to fly !!!

Now that said, shark attacks are statistically very very low here, there are plenty of patrolled and netted beaches where you would be fine.

Andy, you should have added that the REPORTED shark attacks are not that frequent... The thing with tourists is that they go swimming on any beach they come across, and the 'wild' beaches, while beautiful, don't have the shark nets...

Andy, I didn't realize that you are a politician!:eek:...................................................:D.................:p

To quote that somewhat "famous" young girl from the news a few year ago.... "chick chick BOOM" ... ;)

Its almost as if you work for the "Anti visit Australia Foundation".

Guess I cant blame you. I dont like tourists much either.

Garth

Back