• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad ohno505 aka Duke Sans is a liar and a thief

This is too funny Ed!! He is the only international member I have dealt with also! Derek is too cool for school!
I would gladly deal with him again!
:thumbsup:

Thanks Joe. Same goes for you. I've only done one trade and since it was you I felt perfectly safe. Same goes with international and proxy buyers. I've only done a couple of those transactions and they were only with members I knew from them being a contributing part of the forum outside of the exchange. Armadew Armadew is one of those buyers. I'd deal with him again any day.

Having a good reputation here matters a lot to most of us. Not saying new people or those that only b/s/t have a bad reputation, they just have no reputation. Bit of a red flag. Big red flag on a trade.

Most if what the OP wrote is true.
I asked to have the knife shipped first as the OP is fairly new.
Tracking shows delivered.
Terrific.
I'll ship right back as soon as I get to NM. As well leave feedback. I'll make sure to provide a copy if the tracking number to this thread.
Thumbs up.

I had/have no problem with ohno505's request to to supply tracking before he shipped his knife to me based off of my limited trading feedback. It made sense to me. I've been involved in the knife hobby well over 20 years at this point but my trading profile doesn't reflect that and accepted that.

I was on the fence about posting in the good the bad and the ugly and thought I might wait it out a bit more. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt most of the time but I had made several attempts to contact him and was trying to provoke him into responding by openly telling him that I was going to post here and still heard nothing back. I felt I had to be good to my word and posted. It is the truth and I only gave the facts. I was admittedly upset that I shipped and according to usps delivered my end of the bargain and had heard nothing in regards to the trade agreement from him but I tried my best to leave those feelings out of the posting.

The last message I received from Mr. Sans was "I'm headed there now. I had an emergency flight to NM. My apologie" that was last Thurs. Nov. 30th. This confused me as I had shipped the knife to a NM address but thought well ok he's shipping it so what does it matter and by there now I assumed he meant the post office. I could be wrong about that.

To Mr. Sans, I say, I am relieved to finally hear from you and the fact that you are willing to ship my knife back to me is most gracious of you. I am willing to stand by our original agreement if you are or if you want to ship the hinderer back to me, that is fine as well.

I would like to point out that you may have responded with an apology instead of animosity. It bothers me that you see no problem with your behavior and probably feel like the victim at this point. You had and still have a chance to explain why you didn't respond to my messages. It would go a long way to redeeming you in my eyes. You knew you had a relatively expensive trade (expensive to me) in the works. I would have been completely satisfied with a delay if you would have communicated with me.

This community/hobby and especially the exchange survives on faith in your fellow members. When you don't do what you say you are going to do and compound that with lack of communication the trust breaks down.

When you do leave feedback on my trading profile be sure to link it to this thread. I will if you won't. I'm willing to let the chips fall where they may on that.

Last edited:
I attempted to let him know that I initiated a claim through Paypal and my email was immediately kicked back indicating that he has now blocked me or deleted this email address all together.
00dukesans@gmail.com

I sure hope this guy gets banned from this forum.

First off I am new to bf. but can gladly send references for other buy/sell/trade groups. I too seem to have been “fooled” by this Joshua sansing. Ohmo505. Same almost story here he was quick to communicate when initial posting of the for sale ad and making a deal, cpl days later even gave me the same story about he was heading to the post office then when I ask about tracking. Tried to email him again over the weekend and I too have been blocked. Thought it might have been an error on my side of things I tried again today and same results saying no domain for the email he was sending from. If the admin here would like the email chain please email me and I will forward it to you I’m gotspaulding@yahoo.com
I will be trying to send one more email through PayPal and open up a claim. Sucks things like this happen this is honestly my first bad experience on any forum dealing but I know they happen I’m sure after a few months PayPal will make it right. This is the fs ad https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sold-thank-you-bf.1535848

Thanks guys I want to always give people the benefit of the doubt but this looks really sketchy at the moment. I have the emails and filed a claim with PayPal. Actually sent a few though PayPal that they referenced and were quick to see the scam patterns the lady actually mentioned. I think what sucks the most is I really wanted that carbon spartan even though it was serrated.

tigertaylor1 tigertaylor1 sadly I think banning him will only serve to protect future BF users from succumbing to him on here but do nothing to curb or deter him from continuing such efforts elsewhere if this truly is how he operates. I would want to see anyone who cheats fellow BF users banned and BF protect itself against liars, cheats, and thieves but true satisfaction would only come from seeing such people justly punished in some form.

Just wanna chime in here and say he also told me 11/28 that we would provide tracking info on a purchase of a sebenza and liong mah warrior, never got tracking info, haven't heard a single thing from him since I purchased despite multiple PM's on my part, and have opened a claim with PayPal to get my money back. Unfortunate.

I do not think it is fair when people make blanket statements like that. Just because someone does not post in numerous areas here, does not mean they can't be trusted, have a secret agenda, etc.
Some folks may be members here to mainly buy or sell - what is really wrong with that? Don't think it makes them bad people. Perhaps they just don't want to get caught up in some of the drama that goes on, maybe a busy person, etc. They pay a membership and that is a good thing - they can participate in whatever they want or don't want here. There is always bad apples in everything - but don't let the bad apples spoil the bunch.

So now with everything that’s been posted from numerous people about this guy it seems my blanket statement fits this bed just right. You of all people posting about blanket statements is hilarious. Lately more times then less the “blanket statement” I made is on point which is sad. So if you want feel free to defend this guy all you want the proof has been posted. And seems after incriminating emails were sent to a mod even more victims are showing up. Now go back and look at Most of the bad in GB&U and most fit the bill.

Just wanna chime in here and say he also told me 11/28 that we would provide tracking info on a purchase of a sebenza and liong mah warrior, never got tracking info, haven't heard a single thing from him since I purchased despite multiple PM's on my part, and have opened a claim with PayPal to get my money back. Unfortunate.

Wow. This dude is in felony territory now.

So now with everything that’s been posted from numerous people about this guy it seems my blanket statement fits this bed just right. You of all people posting about blanket statements is hilarious. Lately more times then less the “blanket statement” I made is on point which is sad. So if you want feel free to defend this guy all you want the proof has been posted. And seems after incriminating emails were sent to a mod even more victims are showing up. Now go back and look at Most of the bad in GB&U and most fit the bill.
Not gonna get in the middle of this whole thing, but just as a single data point, I exclusively use BF for trading/buying knives. I don't ever sell here or post in the forums, I use other sites that have less.....strict rules. And I have never nor will ever screw anyone over in a trade/sale. So again, just one data point, but if you looked at my history here you might not trust me with your mindset, however my name on other sites commands respect as a great part of the community that's very active and helpful. With the number of sites that are out there, I can't expect anyone to do all of their knife talk and knife sales on one site.

Thanks Joe. Same goes for you. I've only done one trade and since it was you I felt perfectly safe. Same goes with international and proxy buyers. I've only done a couple of those transactions and they were only with members I knew from them being a contributing part of the forum outside of the exchange. Armadew Armadew is one of those buyers. I'd deal with him again any day.

Having a good reputation here matters a lot to most of us. Not saying new people or those that only b/s/t have a bad reputation, they just have no reputation. Bit of a red flag. Big red flag on a trade.

This is too funny Ed!! He is the only international member I have dealt with also! Derek is too cool for school!
I would gladly deal with him again!
:thumbsup:

Thanks guys! Right back at ya.

Back