Old John Primble Knives & Belknap Hardware History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halfstop gifted me this model 4952 John Primble Belknap HDW. & MFG. Co. Jack knife, while I was attending the Rendezvous. The bone is quite beautiful on the old knife. I spent some time taking the high shine down to a semi gloss shine on the bolsters, shield, and blades, this morning. It turned out well. I will carry it a while and then add it to the Primble cabinet. Thank you again Ron for the fabulous knife ! The color of the bone is close to the same as the Primble that Gevonovich gifted me. ;):)

qzj4m8.jpg

o9e6xf.jpg

nb1zro.jpg

20f49i9.jpg

rkwyfl.jpg

v5ivbb.jpg

Way to go Ron, Primble you got a beautiful knife there - Congrats. :thumbup:

Halfstop gifted me this model 4952 John Primble Belknap HDW. & MFG. Co. Jack knife, while I was attending the Rendezvous. The bone is quite beautiful on the old knife. I spent some time taking the high shine down to a semi gloss shine on the bolsters, shield, and blades, this morning. It turned out well. I will carry it a while and then add it to the Primble cabinet. Thank you again Ron for the fabulous knife !

nb1zro.jpg

About as good as it gets....just WOW!!! Way to knock it out of the park, Ron!! Now that one just says Primble Hardware to a T, Primble! Gorgeous!!!

About as good as it gets....just WOW!!! Way to knock it out of the park, Ron!! Now that one just says Primble Hardware to a T, Primble! Gorgeous!!!

Agreed my friend and thank you ............ and Ron, of course ! :D

It is back home where it belongs :thumbup: Glad you like it friend :D

Thank you my friend ! :thumbup::thumbup::D

Awesome Primble, Primble! Was that knife made by Camillus and how old is it?

Thank you Marko. Made between 1940 and 1968. Boker made the star stamps. :)

That's a good lookin' old jack.:cool:

Many thanks ! :thumbup::)

Just got in a nice old India Steel works Primble. Happy to have it to add to my collection. :)

John Primble India Steel Works (1890-1940) Picked Bone Crown Jack with crisp half stops, three and five eighths inches closed length, stamped with very rare Primble shield on the bolster, crowned, threaded, and fluted pivot bolsters:

Last edited:
That is a beauty there Primble! :cool: Actually the first one of those I remember seeing Live and not Memorex! :eek::D

Another great add to the Primble wall!

I love the etch/stamp in the bolster

Beautiful Primble :thumbup::thumbup: A period display case is a thing of beauty - especially for your favourite brand of cutler's art. That knife has got me drooling - never seen one. I recently acquired a 1940's Remington display case and like my son said "if you see a unicorn you gotta catch it".

Last edited:
That's a lovely jack Rob,and I know the feeling when you acquire such a rare beauty for your collection.

Never lose the zeal.

Another great add to the Primble wall!

I love the etch/stamp in the bolster

That's a lovely jack Rob,and I know the feeling when you acquire such a rare beauty for your collection.

Never lose the zeal.

Primble, that jack has all of the bells and whistles of a top notch knife

Thank you Glenn, Lyle, and Mike ! :thumbup::)

Beautiful Primble :thumbup::thumbup: A period display case is a thing of beauty - especially for your favourite brand of cutler's art. That knife has got me drooling - never seen one. I recently acquired a 1940's Remington display case and like my son said "if you see a unicorn you gotta catch it".

Indeed !!! :thumbup::thumbup::D

I got this old Miller Brother's swayback jack yesterday. Really nice old knife.
It's 3.75" closed.
QUESTION: See pic #3: What do you call this type of jigging?
BTW, thanks to all who posted earlier pics.

miller3a_zpserwwsajm.jpg

miller2a_zpskbl4vchk.jpg

Miller1a_zpsntmbhbgq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back