"Old Knives"

Updated shots of my rescued 1920s Graeff & Schmidt smoothbone Jack Knife.

7DrmcmVh.jpg

TU2DhTQh.jpg

Ml7YEdNh.jpg

aPz1PrVh.jpg

SmjNbiXh.jpg

EGTdykNh.jpg

Peters Cutlery MFG. co.
I think it's the same company as Peters Brothers Cutlery. Both manufactured from 1876-1886.
From the very few pictures of Peters knives I found in searching for images, they seem to have specialized in fancy handled knives: carved ivory, m.o.p. inlay work, etc.
3 1/4", one blade is broken, but the remaining two are nice and snappy with no wobble.
czcavXB.jpg
0EZYwip.jpg
X75TXNG.jpg
fEd978a.jpg

I don't know what you'd call this little Western States knife. A humpback penknife?

Bernard Levine dubs that a swell center serpentine pen. I admire your industrious and adventurous approach to old knives in need, r8shell.
- Stuart

Schatt & Morgan regular jack (3 line stamp Schatt & Morgan Cutlery Co Titusville PA - 1902-1932).

6RfgI1A.jpg

UFeDA0B.jpg

EQeFwCx.jpg

- Stuart
Classic!
Bernard Levine dubs that a swell center serpentine pen. I admire your industrious and adventurous approach to old knives in need, r8shell.
- Stuart
Thank you. I admire perfect specimens, but "knives in need" are more affordable and I can use and modify them without feeling like I'm tampering with a piece of history.

xOhvtaY.jpg

"Swell center serpentine pen." Sure, I can go with that! :cool::thumbsup:

This one is new to me. E Weck & son New York penknife. What I could find online was that E Weck & Son were wholesalers/distributors from 1893 to 1943 but also read they were existent till modern times and Schrade made some of their knives in the 40’s. Mark and pile side has different bone? Mark side has a woody grain/color and pile side has more of a tan caramel color to it. Any of you guys with more info about E Weck & son, please chime in!

This one is new to me. E Weck & son New York penknife. What I could find online was that E Weck & Son were wholesalers/distributors from 1893 to 1943 but also read they were existent till modern times and Schrade made some of their knives in the 40’s. Mark and pile side has different bone? Mark side has a woody grain/color and pile side has more of a tan caramel color to it. Any of you guys with more info about E Weck & son, please chime in!

Schrade Cut Co was one of their go to manufacturers... I have a Weck peachseed lobster knife that I just received a couple days ago that I will post along side its Schrade Cut Co brother :):thumbsup:

Back