Only one carbon and one stainless for the rest of your life, what are you choosing?

One stainless and one carbon?

Sandvik 14C28N for the stainless.
Yes, there are many steels that are better but, it is a nice budget steel.

I have a seldom used fixed blade in
52100 (I think) so I will just go with that for my carbon steel choice.

Carbon would be 52100 or 80CrV2, stainless either 14C28N or S35VN.
It's not like I'm indecisive. At least, I don't think think I am. Most of the time, anyway...

My HEST fixed blade and ........the 2nd one isn't fair. You'd have to have me write down seven folders or so and spin me around and point me to my clip board and help extend my arm and index finger and point. And I wouldn't be happy with the choice. ONE FOLDER?!?!! I carry two in my denim everyday. One folder? Did you take all your meds before asking a question like that? :0) This is called "BladeForum" but Spark's truly meant to call it "Blades Forum" - I can do this for you, I can narrow it down a tad, just a tad. My HEST T3 Triple Black / CS 6" Ti-Lite / CS Recon1 / CS Bushman (love that Ram Lock) / Gerber 06 Auto / <--this 'may' be the one if one was holding a gun to my head, but that isn't gonna happen. / Kershaw Turbulence (most under rated knife ever put out by Kershaw - Tim Galyean knows his stuff) / Emerson CQC-7bw / Emerson Super7 - I'll stop there before I show all my hand. One folder. You need some good meds, I mean REALLY good meds...lol. :0)

Back