OOPS!!

Hey, I thought you'd LIKE that knife! o_O ;) :D :thumbsup:
I meant to say "well earned wear." ;):D
I guess that's the heartbreak. Cracked wood and bent liners belong on an old knife. Still, it's pretty cool that it still functions. Put a patina on it, stat!

I always prefer bone handles over wood, but this is a great example of where some materials are better under stress. I'm pretty sure bone would not have held up well in this circumstance.

Could be wrong though, and NO, I'm not willing to offer up one of mine for experimentation.
LOL Shhh! Don't say "experimentation" too loudly, we don't want hundreds of youtube's "batoning" to destruction advocates to start making "posting" videos....

No experimentation here!
Somehow, this knife rolls on!! A sweet lady "of a certain age" came by my table at the Oregon show, and asked if I wanted this Cattaraugus scout. I took it in hand, tried all the blades (punch is tipped, main is worn, but they all Walk and Talk!) Also the compass flew the coop long ago!!
I declared someone could make use of it!! She said it's yours for One Dollar!!
Who could refuse??? (I wonder if the compass still works - somewhere??)
I think the OP knife and this one ought to form an OOPS club!!
Takes a lickin' and keeps on (mostly) tickin'!!

Catt relic scout 1.jpg

I think I should feature it in a giveaway!! What do you think??

No experimentation here!
Somehow, this knife rolls on!! A sweet lady "of a certain age" came by my table at the Oregon show, and asked if I wanted this Cattaraugus scout. I took it in hand, tried all the blades (punch is tipped, main is worn, but they all Walk and Talk!) Also the compass flew the coop long ago!!

View attachment 889171

it's still got some life left in it, heck yeah, have some fun with her and do a GAW:thumbsup:

You could always throw it of the battlements to appease the angry mob who are as we speak milling angrily in a confused state over a 2 for 1 deal on cheap chinese import pitchfork handles at the Porchenberg Mob Supply Shop.
:p:D:D:D:D:eek:

No experimentation here!

View attachment 889171

Well since I have a soft spot for scout patterns, and I am just about to give away my last Scoutstuff scout knife (my friend's daughter is in Girl Scouts, and she needs a knife), I would certainly welcome a GAW for that old scout there. I mostly carry my scout when I am working clearing brush for the awl and screwdriver, and that old knife would meet my needs in a package that wouldn't make me feel bad for not treating it too nice.

No experimentation here!

View attachment 889171

Nice story Charlie :) :thumbsup:

A "gentleman of a certain age" got me in similar fashion! :eek: :D ;)

Wostenholm 1-3.JPG

Is the Stagecoach ok ? :D

:D :thumbsup:

I keep looking at that old scout knife and dreaming of what GEC could do with such a pattern :)

I am an electronics technician for the USPS. I happen to be the guy who fishes this kind of stuff out of sorting machinery. Any time I ship ANYTHING it's in a box taped securely on ALL sides. That looks to have been shipped in one of those plastic bag type shipping bags. Those things are terrible, but people ship all kinds of stuff in them. They tend to get caught by a corner as they go over conveyor rollers, especially on the feed systems to bundle sorting machines, where this package would have been sorted. When that happens, whatever diverter is involved in that particular machine can have at it at will. Padded paper envelopes are only slightly better. If it's worth shipping, it's generally worth shipping in a box. In an excessively overtaped box. If something like that gets separated from the packaging, no one has any idea where it's supposed to go and it ends up getting sent to a place called dead letter. At least that was caught with part of an address. The number of things that get damaged in that way is almost infinitesimally small in comparison to the actual amount of mail sorted. Most nights maybe 2 or 3 packages out of a 100,000+. But that doesn't help when it's your package that gets squished, torn open, or otherwise destroyed. And never, for any reason, attempt to send anything other than neatly folded paper in a business envelope with a first class stamp. That is virtually guaranteed to not make it to its destination. I have never tried to look, because I see those things every night, but a youtube search for UPSP APBS/LMS bundle sorter or DBCS letter sorting machine might be informative, if such videos exist.

You could always throw it of the battlements to appease the angry mob who are as we speak milling angrily in a confused state over a 2 for 1 deal on cheap chinese import pitchfork handles at the Porchenberg Mob Supply Shop. Good one :thumbsup::D
:p:D:D:D:D:eek:

Back