Opinel #8 my "Slim" Collection: Beech, Bubinga, Ebony, Oak, Olive Wood

Got in a couple of new to my collection. A No. 10 Bubinga with sheath and a No. 8 with Beechwood. Need to clean them up and the 8 is my first 8 Effile.

Nice sir! I use the #8 Oak the most lately, pure straight razor it is, simply amazing!
G2

I am back with my latest "slim". It is a 10 Olive wood. The bay listing didn't have the type of wood but the polished blade plus the wood grain tells all.

Back

Nice sir, the Ten Wins a real handy blade size especially for food use too !
G2

That'd be great sir! post em up!
G2

I guess I haven't got it done yet. It is just when you get them all together you realize how many you really have. Will get it done this week around mid week.

Well mid week has come and gone but today I got it done. I have 4 10's, one 8 that is my letter opener and one 15.

Nice makes me want to get a bubinga one now! thanks :)
G2

Yes, the bubinga is one real nice wood. I do like the olive wood because of the swirls. Always looking for more olive wood.

A pair of bent-nose, outward-open snap-ring pliers makes it real easy to get the collar off and apply lube to the pin and pin-hole. $5 or so at the Harbor Freight, worth it if you develop an Opinel habit.

I just close the blade, lock the ring, and then force the blade open. The ring launches off pretty easily.

And man, that #6 has some really beautiful grain. I have a #6 with olive wood that I wouldn't describe as plain, but it doesn't have as much character as yours.

Back