Opinions on Windows 10?

When I found out about windows 10 downloading automatically, I disabled automatic updates. Now nothing loads unless I say so.

That's the way to avoid sudden surprises. However, Microsoft is due to stop supporting Windows 7 in 2020 and Windows 7 will no longer be offered as an option on new computers after October 2016.

I have a desktop that runs Windows XP and a laptop that runs Windows XP and I've gone to Google for my browser but Google is due to stop supporting Windows XP next month so I bought a Chromebook and that's working out rather well.

I did however, just buy a DELL Inspiron 15 5000 laptop with Windows 10 Home loaded on it. When I first turned it on and went through the steps to get it up and running, I logged in with a local account - not a Windows account. By doing that it runs more like the operating systems of old (XP and 7) and I don't get all the Windows popups for apps, etc.. I'm pretty pleased with it and finding my way around pretty good.

Edit to say: I'm using the Google browser on the new Windows 10 laptop. That way I can sync it with my Chromebook. It's working out really well for me.

Last edited:
Back