1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Osage is the new Black, er...Bog Oak...

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Southern Gent, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I've been really pleased to see so many models sporting osage lately and how well it has been received. My very first Fiddleback was the osage HB on top in this photo. the fact it doesn't need to be stabilized and ages with dignity over time are two qualities I love about this natural material. Put up your favorite osage shots here and from Vance's post yesterday there should be plenty more good osage shots to come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    pics?

3. Onedog

Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
    I'm a fan of the Osage as well. The Ladyfinger pictured is my first Fiddleback. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I don't have a FB in Osage YET. However if you don't mind, here's my TM Hunt Trailmate in Osage.

[​IMG]

5. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Osage will always be trending. A beautiful wood. Not sure why I have not yet picked up a Fiddleback sporting it but here is a recent addition from the FF family

WA Surls Rocky Mountain Nessmuk

[​IMG]

6. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    THIS Ladyfinger & Esquire. Me Likey!

7. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    My thoughts exactly Kal-El.

What's the steel on the Ladyfinger? I still have many models to try but the Ladyfinger is my favorite so far and I need one in Osage or Bog Oak....or both. 😀

8. Tinbanger

Tinbanger

Jan 27, 2013
    I don't have a fiddleback in osage either.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Onedog

Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
    Thanks guys.

The Ladyfinger is 5/32 CPM154. It's my kitchen/steak knife. The Esquire is 5/32 A2. :thumbup:

10. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Mine to come as soon as I get home and snap some pics. But Gent...that osage blade you showed me at Trackrock hooked me on it.

11. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    I thought so. I'd love one in 3/32 CPM154.

12. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    It appears to be CPM 154. :thumbup:

13. Onedog

Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
    The CPM is really nice. I'd love a matching one in 1/8 A2 with a full hight grind. :thumbup:

14. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    my Slyvrfalcen was helping me make the Bullseyes this morning

[​IMG]

15. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    onedog

that Esquire looks like it has blue pinstripes...so by default it is naturally awesome:thumbup:

16. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    I take and post so many pics I can't remember where I post them all. The BTS album is actually about twice the size of the Knives '16 album.:eek:

But here is some more Osageawesomeness

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator

Apr 21, 2012
    Osage is a great wood, naturally hard, typically not toxic, changes character over time, chatoyant, and useful.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  18. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator

Apr 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

19. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    My OS-age Lady and a Bear Cub friend that belongs to Jules.

[​IMG]

My Lady and a large stump of fatwood. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

20. Onedog

Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
    Awesomeness verified. :thumbup: The Handyman is quite awesome as well. :D

[​IMG]