Osage is the new Black, er...Bog Oak...

I've been really pleased to see so many models sporting osage lately and how well it has been received. My very first Fiddleback was the osage HB on top in this photo. the fact it doesn't need to be stabilized and ages with dignity over time are two qualities I love about this natural material. Put up your favorite osage shots here and from Vance's post yesterday there should be plenty more good osage shots to come.

7170ed93f1ccd1d2ee67dbc03d8cda9c.jpg

c601533256684d07c32f399ab9812715.jpg

I don't have a FB in Osage YET. However if you don't mind, here's my TM Hunt Trailmate in Osage.

Osage will always be trending. A beautiful wood. Not sure why I have not yet picked up a Fiddleback sporting it but here is a recent addition from the FF family

WA Surls Rocky Mountain Nessmuk

2752b02fbbe9fa07d1ccc2e2002cc1d7.jpg

THIS Ladyfinger & Esquire. Me Likey!

My thoughts exactly Kal-El.

What's the steel on the Ladyfinger? I still have many models to try but the Ladyfinger is my favorite so far and I need one in Osage or Bog Oak....or both. 😀

My thoughts exactly Kal-El.

What's the steel on the Ladyfinger? I still have many models to try but the Ladyfinger is my favorite so far and I need one in Osage or Bog Oak....or both. 😀

THIS Ladyfinger & Esquire. Me Likey!

Thanks guys.

The Ladyfinger is 5/32 CPM154. It's my kitchen/steak knife. The Esquire is 5/32 A2. :thumbup:

Mine to come as soon as I get home and snap some pics. But Gent...that osage blade you showed me at Trackrock hooked me on it.

It appears to be CPM 154. :thumbup:

onedog

that Esquire looks like it has blue pinstripes...so by default it is naturally awesome:thumbup:

I take and post so many pics I can't remember where I post them all. The BTS album is actually about twice the size of the Knives '16 album.:eek:

But here is some more Osageawesomeness

20160731_195537_zpsmnq7u3o4.jpg

20160730_144310_zps0ndfvvry.jpg

Osage is a great wood, naturally hard, typically not toxic, changes character over time, chatoyant, and useful.

Last edited:
My OS-age Lady and a Bear Cub friend that belongs to Jules.

Bfr3zbXh.jpg

My Lady and a large stump of fatwood. :thumbup:

hSrBnodh.jpg

Back