Osage is the new Black, er...Bog Oak...

Fiddelback / W.A. Surls Trio:

DSC00284_zpsh2zpc8hp.jpg

DSC00281_zpsim4proxt.jpg

AA Forge Nomad in Burnt Osage:

DSC00282_zps9zbocygt.jpg

And finally, this little "Cutie Pie" knife that my wife forged at Track Rock under the watchful eye of Mr Osage himself, Rick Lowe:

DSC00283_zpst7jjxzun.jpg

Great thread SG. I've always loved Osage. Its so American, and rustic. Light and harder than Hickory, yet plenty stable to use without stabilizing. Great handle wood. We try to take the time to use quarter sawn scales (which means we have to cut the wood ourselves). This allows the natural rays in the wood to show, and they really set it off. Plain sawn, it kinda looks like floorboards. We've been low on it for a while, but we fixed that in the last couple of weeks and now we have a TON!! More osage coming.

Some beautiful Osage shots here! I think it is beautiful- just let go of my only Osage fiddleback so hopefully I can get one sometime in the future as long as it has white pinstripes (I seem to be allergic to the color of blue pinstripes that the forge uses). I also think it looks great with od bolsters.

Definitely some awesome Osage going on. Prom52's custom shop and Gus' Bushfinger are both stellar knives. :thumbup:

This is the only one I have left in Osage. Osage is by far my favorite handle wood for a user.

IL1v5Lx.jpg

This picture is of some I had in the past!!! (The KEB in the bottom is the the same as the top picture)

EqLlKsL.jpg

Martin

Great thread SG. I've always loved Osage. Its so American, and rustic. Light and harder than Hickory, yet plenty stable to use without stabilizing. Great handle wood. We try to take the time to use quarter sawn scales (which means we have to cut the wood ourselves). This allows the natural rays in the wood to show, and they really set it off. Plain sawn, it kinda looks like floorboards. We've been low on it for a while, but we fixed that in the last couple of weeks and now we have a TON!! More osage coming.

Hey Andy, I would love to see an Osage Camp knife or Camp Muk or even a Bushfinger.

Unfortunately no Fiddlebacks in Osage but here are two of mine. Would love a handyman in 3/32 Osage
DSC01229_zpssyo4obxh.jpg

DSC01233_zpsncghq11d.jpg

DSC01353_zpshm5wj59a.jpg

There are some awesome osage knives ITT.

Abe,
I love that Nessmuk

Peter,
The BC Jr. w/ racing stripes is something else:thumbup:

Gus,
You picked a great one and only!

Some great looking Osage knives here! I think it looks particularly good with OD bolsters. I don't have any Osage yet, but when the right one comes up hopefully I'll be able to get it.

I have two in Osage, but this is by far my favorite, and my daily carry at this point. W.A. Surls Patch.

I know it's not for everybody, but I love the blue stripes.

I picked up one with an Ash handle this past week, and it should arrive today. Can't wait to see them side by side.

Back