Osage is the new Black, er...Bog Oak...

Old School BC w/oil after cleanup and sharpening

MLPu1fl.jpg

Last edited:
I'm taking good care of it :)

I am coming to appreciate how sharp 01 can get compared to A2 and the CPM steels. The wear resistance is lower, but it sure takes a nice edge.

Last edited:
Thanks, Peter, you inspired me to take some time with lighting and framing a shot. Now, back to work...

I am coming to appreciate how sharp 01 can get compared to A2 and the CPM steels. The wear resistance is lower, but it sure takes a nice edge.

O1 is one of my favorite steels, for reasons of sharpening but especially battleship gray patina sooner than later. :)

On the other hand, I do appreciate the more dramatic 'spalting' possible with A2 vs. O1....

~ P.

[QUOTE

MLPu1fl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I can't stop looking at this picture. The perfect example of why I love osage so much.

When you grow bored with this one, I know someone who will give it a warm, loving home.

^^ Handsome knives and great photos Jarrett. Congratulations on scoring that classic BC!

Phil

Love that Osage. I'm a bowhunter who took up traditional bows last year. An osage handled or scaled knife and a traditional bow just go together IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I just love resurrecting old threads!

A Lowe, Roy, and Surls.

M9rUWFBUTdkk_4dIbKLXYEbRM7vvzM-vi.jpg
Hey Tony! That osage is aging very nice and you just can't beat the contrast with the blue stripes either. :thumbsup:

ps Give it another 5,000 years and it will get nice and dark like Bog Oak.

Dammit Jerry, now I'm going to have to get the Bog Oak out too! And I'm already over an hour late for an appointment.

Back