Osage is the new Black, er...Bog Oak...

With 2 of those 3 coming from me (1 indirectly and 1 directly) THANK YOU for helping me jump out of the Osage Wabbit Hole! :D:D

.. he says, safely snuggled into his Den of Bog Oak
Well I guess I should thank you for getting out and allowing me to get those two beauties, but I fear you have helped me get into a mess:eek::eek:. Just kidding, thanks Jerry, I'm loving the Bobcat (thanks Tekton Tekton , too) and the Warthog! Osage is such an interesting wood:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another shot of my Osage triple play:D. Top to Bottom-- @Cohutta Strebig, @Osprey Knife & Tool Guardless Warthog, and WA Surls Bobcat
rezDFLw.jpg

I'll have my people call your people to handle the details:D:D.
Wives shall be kept out of it. hahaha

Anyway, I need to post up some bog oak here, the old Osage. Cuz in 5,000 years it will all age gracefully into bog oak.

Wives shall be kept out of it. hahaha

Anyway, I need to post up some bog oak here, the old Osage. Cuz in 5,000 years it will all age gracefully into bog oak.
Hahaha, I totally agree! No wives involved:):)

Definitely post up some pics of that awesome Bog Oak collection! I love seeing those beauties:thumbsup:

Love Osage have a few knives and several longbows made from it tough and durable isn’t strong enough wording for this wood.

The farm I grew up on had tons of osage we built a lot of osage post fence that’s still standing 30 years latter.

With age or UV light it tends to darken and turn a nice orange/yellow color from the bright yellow when it’s new.

Back