OT: Fiddlebacks & Firearms

You sir are a madman. That is an INSANE :eek::eek: collection you have just right there -- I'm not quite sure where to start, but LOTS of class 3 goodness -- wow! Thanks for participating; beautiful knives and for sure a spectacular showing of quality arms. Who makes the 12" AR; is that a Knight's?

Oh, I'm just getting started. :D I thought you said to space them out? I'll run out of Fiddlebacks before NFA stuff.

The photos shown, top to bottom are a Ruger MkII w/ paclite upper and SWR Spectre. The rifles I assemble myself. The one I think you are referring to is an 8.2" Novekse barrel in .300 Blackout w/ a Noveske NSR. The second one is a 5" TROS 9mm clone of a Colt 633 made for the DOE. Then my .40 limited gun. The large rifle is a Mk12mod0 SPR setup in 6.8 SPC with an AAC 762SD mod7 and some el-cheapo gen1 night vision (the pigs at our ranch absolutely hate it!)

I'll have to work my way up to the 12", but I do have an LMT MRP piston in that config that I'll post eventually....:thumbup:

I'll continue to look, love what I see, and try not to covet!! You've got some sweet pieces for sure. I'll have to live vicariously through you and your posts because non of that is legal where I am. The military here could only wish to have something that nice too!

Oh, I'm just getting started. :D I thought you said to space them out? I'll run out of Fiddlebacks before NFA stuff.

The photos shown, top to bottom are a Ruger MkII w/ paclite upper and SWR Spectre. The rifles I assemble myself. The one I think you are referring to is an 8.2" Novekse barrel in .300 Blackout w/ a Noveske NSR. The second one is a 5" TROS 9mm clone of a Colt 633 made for the DOE. Then my .40 limited gun. The large rifle is a Mk12mod0 SPR setup in 6.8 SPC with an AAC 762SD mod7 and some el-cheapo gen1 night vision (the pigs at our ranch absolutely hate it!)

I'll have to work my way up to the 12", but I do have an LMT MRP piston in that config that I'll post eventually....:thumbup:

I'll continue to look, love what I see, and try not to covet!! You've got some sweet pieces for sure. I'll have to live vicariously through you and your posts because non of that is legal where I am. The military here could only wish to have something that nice too!

After typing out my first reply, I noticed that it had underpinnings of both religion and politics. I figured I need not go there for the sake of this awesome thread. Suffice it to say that I agree that those are some very nice pieces of armament and cutlery. In closing, God bless America.

A couple more wheel guns today. I even dug one out just for Dcaggie06. The first is a Gary Reeder Black Widow .44 with bolstered mango Leaku. The second is a S&W PC 629 Comp Hunter with a Koa Duke. We are certainly fortunate to have all the freedoms we have, this thread has been a good reminder of that for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 48
In today's installment of as the EBR turns (Part 2):

My wife's favorite SBR, which she lovingly refers to as the "giggle gun" - a 5" 9mm TROS 3-lug under a DD7.0 lite with SWR Trident9 paired with her margarita Arete and new Skystorm sheath

_DSC1597.JPG

My favorite pig gun, a Noveske 10.5" in 6.8 SPC with a custom tube over a Switchblock to regulate the gas when using the AAC M4-2000 in 6.8 (shown), paired with a Bushcrafter Sr. in curly Koa

_DSC1612.JPG

Thanks Phil. No light saber, but I'll post a picture of my phaser for you tomorrow. ;)

....and my phaser in the 40 GW range (USPSA open gun) with Slate G10 Bushraptor, just for Phil

_DSC1595.JPG

I doubt that there is a "stun" setting on that phaser... :eek:

You have a very very impressive assortment of serious toys. You would be a bad influence on my spending habits if we were neighbors.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Phil

....and my phaser in the 40 GW range (USPSA open gun) with Slate G10 Bushraptor, just for Phil

_DSC1595.JPG

My wife's favorite SBR, which she lovingly refers to as the "giggle gun" - a 5" 9mm TROS 3-lug under a DD7.0 lite with SWR Trident9 paired with her margarita Arete and new Skystorm sheath

_DSC1597.JPG

My favorite pig gun, a Noveske 10.5" in 6.8 SPC with a custom tube over a Switchblock to regulate the gas when using the AAC M4-2000 in 6.8 (shown), paired with a Bushcrafter Sr. in curly Koa

_DSC1612.JPG

_DSC1595.JPG

Dude, the giggle gun is sweet -- must be a total blast at the range! The Noveske with the variable gas block (and can) is downright nasty; the open gun looks to be a tack driver! As Phil commented, I don't seem to see a "stun" setting on it though :p.

Great post man; keep 'em coming! This thread is making me want to go out and get a few tax stamps underway from my local FFL!

A couple more wheel guns today. I even dug one out just for Dcaggie06. The first is a Gary Reeder Black Widow .44 with bolstered mango Leaku. The second is a S&W PC 629 Comp Hunter with a Koa Duke. We are certainly fortunate to have all the freedoms we have, this thread has been a good reminder of that for me.

Man, another GREAT post -- That 629 comp looks like a total beast and the Reeder Black Widow is just classic! Of note, I really dig your taste in knives; both the Duke and Leuku are exquisite and pair perfectly with the firearms shown!

Thought I would start out with the larger calibers in my safe.....both guns & knives. One Duke for each hand, a 3/16" SFT beast with red oak handles, and a 5/32" tapered tang beauty in Ironwood Burl. The pea shooters are a Glock 21sf, a H&K Compact .45 and an Ed Brown - Special Forces model in SS. Each has its merits, all are effective tools. Some are pretty, others only a mother could love ;)

IMG_6393_zpsec9b48d5.jpg

There have been some awesome toys posted in this thread.....give us strength to resist the temptation !

Nothing too exotic here compared to some of what has been posted here so far. Still, here are a pair of favorites of mine.

Ruger 77/44 .44 Magnum carbine with Leupold 2.5X scope and a Duke.

Here is the view from the business end of the gun. You have to love the reflection of the barrel in the blade… :thumbup:

Phil

Hey Phil:

One good Duke deserves another.....that is an awesome knife.....it sure would look good together with that Stainless BF of similar ilk wouldn't it ?

The stainless action & barrel of your Ruger looks great against the black synthetic stock & scope !

Peter

Hey Phil:

One good Duke deserves another.....that is an awesome knife.....it sure would look good together with that Stainless BF of similar ilk wouldn't it ?
The stainless action & barrel of your Ruger looks great against the black synthetic stock & scope !

Peter

I agree Peter. Your Bushfinger and my Duke are definitely like brothers. My sweet-hearted "guard" dog Jessie (a.k.a. "J-Dog") is still nicer than your Guard Owl though. :p

Phil

Last edited:
I agree Peter. Your Bushfinger and my Duke are definitely like brothers. My sweet-hearted "guard" dog Jessie (a.k.a. "J-Dog") is still nicer that Guard Owl though. :p

Phil

I would have to agree with you Phil, just don't let my Owl find out I said that......J-Dog is pretty darn sweet. However, just think how sweet your Duke would look basking in the Florida sunshine. ;)

Nothing too exotic here compared to some of what has been posted here so far. Still, here are a pair of favorites of mine.

Ruger 77/44 .44 Magnum carbine with Leupold 2.5X scope and a Duke.

Here is the view from the business end of the gun. You have to love the reflection of the barrel in the blade… :thumbup:

Phil

Wow Phil -- that 77 is sweet, and in .44mag, I'm sure its awesome! Your new Duke is spectacular and is probably one (of two) of the nicest I've seen cone out of the Forge this year!

Time to get this this thread back on topic.....a Black Gun in 5.56 by Bravo Company Mfg. and a couple of Emerald Green knives.....Bear Paw BC & a Big Sneaky both in 5/16" tapered tang. The T-Shirt lurking in the background and a couple of awesome quick release mounts plus a Dillo or two are all I can afford from that otherwise unnamed supplier in Texas. A man can only dream !

IMG_6395_zpsaf08a9a6.jpg

Thought I would start out with the larger calibers in my safe.....both guns & knives. One Duke for each hand, a 3/16" SFT beast with red oak handles, and a 5/32" tapered tang beauty in Ironwood Burl. The pea shooters are a Glock 21sf, a H&K Compact .45 and an Ed Brown - Special Forces model in SS. Each has its merits, all are effective tools. Some are pretty, others only a mother could love ;)

IMG_6393_zpsec9b48d5.jpg

There have been some awesome toys posted in this thread.....give us strength to resist the temptation !

Time to get this this thread back on topic.....a Black Gun in 5.56 by Bravo Company Mfg. and a couple of Emerald Green knives.....Bear Paw BC & a Big Sneaky both in 5/16" tapered tang. The T-Shirt lurking in the background and a couple of awesome quick release mounts plus a Dillo or two are all I can afford from that otherwise unnamed supplier in Texas. A man can only dream !

IMG_6395_zpsaf08a9a6.jpg

Wow Pete!! I'm not sure how I missed your first post -- we do have similar taste in knives and guns (as will be referenced in later pics)!! I love the USP45C (it's one of my favorite pistols) -- the Ed Brown is just a work of art, and the G21SF is a really nice addition to the Glock family! Well done indeed :thumbup: On to the topic of black rifles and emerald fiddlebacks, they (IMO) go together like good scotch and a cigar! After shooting quite a few black rifles, I really like the balance that BCM affords in its firearms and they're just well made! The bearpaw is really starting to grow on me as a design -- how are you liking yours?

Thanks for posting!

If you're gonna own a Black Gun .. keep it classy.

Ruger Blackhawk Single Action .45 Black Powder.

EDKarda & Bushfinger in Box Elder Burl

blackhawk.jpg

IMG_6393_zpsec9b48d5.jpg

IMG_6395_zpsaf08a9a6.jpg

Wow Pete!! I'm not sure how I missed your first post -- we do have similar taste in knives and guns (as will be referenced in later pics)!! I love the USP45C (it's one of my favorite pistols) -- the Ed Brown is just a work of art, and the G21SF is a really nice addition to the Glock family! Well done indeed :thumbup: On to the topic of black rifles and emerald fiddlebacks, they (IMO) go together like good scotch and a cigar! After shooting quite a few black rifles, I really like the balance that BCM affords in its firearms and they're just well made! The bearpaw is really starting to grow on me as a design -- how are you liking yours?

Thanks for posting!

I'm sure everyone will get a chuckle out of this "black rifle", but here is my plinker, a Marlin 795, and the knife that you could use to skin anything you shot with it, a Runt:

IMG_5466_zps3939ef65.jpg~original

Back