OT/ Glock .45?

Hi HOGS and Family.
Who has the Glock .45?
I am tempted.
Swinecosa

I do not have a Glock. I have tried them at the range, and the grips feel like a Block.

I really like the feel of 1911s, and Sigs, but just cannot get comfortable with the Glock.

had a good friend of mine who is in the military as an operator, and we were shooting his custom .45 1911, ( I won't mention the very presitgious custom maker)against my glock 21, and he couldn't believe a glock out of the box would shoot equal to his $2500 custom piece.. His comments were" its ugly, its half plastic.. but you can't argue with the grouping on the paper.. they are good to go.

had a good friend of mine who is in the military as an operator, and we were shooting his custom .45 1911, ( I won't mention the very presitgious custom maker)against my glock 21, and he couldn't believe a glock out of the box would shoot equal to his $2500 custom piece.. His comments were" its ugly, its half plastic.. but you can't argue with the grouping on the paper.. they are good to go.

I did not mean to imply that they are not good guns, they will last a long, long time.

I just cannot shoot them well because the grips do not feel right to me.

My suggestion is always to go to a range and try to rent the gun before you buy it. And try some others while you are there. Good ranges will put the rental fee toward the purchase price of a gun, so trying a few helps narrow down what works and does not work for you.

:barf: :barf: Glock

That is all

:D

If you insist on getting one of those damn plastic guns, at least get a M&P, at least they feel somewhat good......

.......for plastic....

The Glock talk and smack Glock talk. lol!
I was sold on an H&K P9s until my Brother let me shoot his G17. I now love the Black Plastic ugly, yet beautiful, pistol. He is now going to get the G30 due to an increase of break-ins where he lives. As you guys know, the .45 is the caliber for close quarter knock down.

I have a G30 and G21. Both are sweet shooters, and with surprisingly low recoil for such lightweight guns. Loose tolerances and few moving parts for reliability, which is paramount in a self-defense weapon. And each holds more ammo than a 1911 (which I also love, but for different reasons). The only downside to the G30 and G21 is the fat grip, but mine are some of the older flavors. They now offer thinner grips.

I don't have a Glock .45 pic, so this G17 beater sporting a G34 barrel will have to suffice.

f9e14af1.jpg

I have had a Glock 45, currently one in 10mm which is the same size. I love Glocks but still am not overly thrilled with the ergonomics, if they feel good in hand for you then by all means get one, if they feel a tad blocky and oversized I would strongly recommend the XD45 or the S&W M&P45, both are really ergonomic and shoot great in the same price point/weight. Again Glocks are great guns, just how it feels in your hands

I have the 21 and 30 as well and I can outshoot any custom 45 at the ranges. Low on recoil and eat anything you load, no tweaking to get them right they just work. Interchangable mags from the 21 to the 30. G30 is the ultimate carry piece, 11rnds of 45 or carry a spare G21 mag (13). You can have your $2500 custome Ill spend the extra on ammo and INFI. I have shot the rest and just prefer glocks but to each their own.
Good luck on your choice.

The standard Glocks fit me great. I have a 23 and a 35. I dont know what the model is but my dad has a Glock .45 that is a single stack. It is much slimmer and might be a good choice for ccw if you dont like the fat grips.

The standard Glocks fit me great. I have a 23 and a 35. I dont know what the model is but my dad has a Glock .45 that is a single stack. It is much slimmer and might be a good choice for ccw if you dont like the fat grips.

that's a glock 36

i have owned a glock 17,19,21,22,30 and 36

i don't really like the 36, but all of them ran perfectly and never had a failure

all i have left is the G22... the 21 just didn't fit my hand as well, i like the 4 extra rounds in the 22

As far as being reliable I have never had a problem with Glock. There are just other guns that fit my hand better. If it fits your hand and you like it by all means get it. I am sure it will serve you well.

Garth

I am a Glock fan. Initially I was going to get a Sig in 40 for my house/wife gun. But the set up was a bit confusing for my wife. The glock, not so much. It is about as simple as a rock.

In 12 years, there has been only two issues. For one friend, the slide was locking back when not empty. I watched, and he was pushing up on the slide release with his thumb. The other was fail to feed, with the same shooter. He kept pushing the mag release while shooting (after moving his thumb off the slide release). I have aslo seen that same guy render some one else's glock to useless. He managed to force a glock mag in with the bullets pointing backwards. Nearly pounded it all the way home in the mag well.

Glocks simply work.

If I was going for the larger frame, I would have to get the 10mm, but that might be overkill for you.

Maybe not the Glock 45 you had in mind but this one is mine. In terms of guns I actually routinely carry, this gets the most time supplemented by a Sig 228 in the winter and a Sig 290 in shorts-weather.

Glock 36, stippled with Pearce +0 and TFO sights. In my gun room of small .45s, I prefer to shoot the 3rd Gen S&W CS45 and 4553TSW. However, in terms of weight and carry, the 36 wins.

IMG_9509.jpg

I have a Gen 3 G21. It's the only Glock I've ever owned or even fired, and I love it. I've never had a single malfunction with it. It's my HD pistol.

Wow. Thanks everyone. Me head is spinning.
Since I live out in the country, I might not really need the .45.
I looked at a 1911 but whoa, they are more expensive than I realized!!

1911's are great too. The Springfield Range Officer is an excellent starting point. A lot of gun for the money.

I've had a few over the years and currently issued one by my department. I have no issues with them whatsoever. They are supremely reliable, easy to use And clean and are found everywhere is you need parts.

That said, personally I carry a 1911 and Sig p220.

Back