OT: Whats your favorite SHTF Handgun and why?

Glock 9mm and any name brand ar 15 in .223 wild for the follow reasons.
1. Outside of the .22 lr, most bullets made for these, thus can scrounge if needed.
2. Parts are common to find, and easy to service/change parts on these platforms.

Can't argue with that, makes a lot of sense. The current pistol center fire calibers in popularity are 9mm, followed closely by 45acp, then 40sw. 10 years ago 40sw was king. But when most LE goes away from it, numbers fall off which is where we are at now. 45acp has always been the steady one thanks to all the 1911 owners. lol. I think it has held number 2 spot during the time that 40 and 9mm flip flopped. And up into the early 80's it was number 1. Of course this is all US numbers. I think overseas 9mm has always been king, probably followed by 380 and 32. But 380 and 32 is a guess.

I find the lack of CZ in this thread disturbing!

ditto!
CZ75 P-02 for me. DA/SA = best of both worlds. “Compact”/less than full duty size = lighter and better carry. For me, and I have large hands, it just shoots better. No idea why, but I shoot it better than anything I ever owned/used. Some marriages are just like that. And 15 with one on tap is plenty.

Rifle-wise, no semi-auto for me. A good scout rifle does the trick. Currently my Ruger’s are doing the job nicely.

P226 legion for me... even though I have pistols I like more.. this one has an xc1 mounted. The sig is known for reliability.
Plus tritium sights and great non slip g10 grip
Loaded up with +p speer gold dots.
The knife I have premounted on my vest is the urgent fury

P226 legion for me... even though I have pistols I like more.. this one has an xc1 mounted. The sig is known for reliability.
Plus tritium sights and great non slip g10 grip
Loaded up with +p speer gold dots.
The knife I have premounted on my vest is the urgent fury

Beautiful gun. They come in a bunch of different colors. Is yours Black or something else.

8a257549-fff9-4833-b719-e287e6115a2a-jpeg.1321979

Attachments

• 8A257549-FFF9-4833-B719-E287E6115A2A.jpeg
    8A257549-FFF9-4833-B719-E287E6115A2A.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 152
Beautiful gun. They come in a bunch of different colors. Is yours Black or something else.
I heard they are now using cerakote instead of PVD, I didn't realize you could get different colors now, mine is the older pvd grey. I would post a pic but imgur stopped with the bbm link on android so I don't know how to upload pics anymore

I heard they are now using cerakote instead of PVD, I didn't realize you could get different colors now, mine is the older pvd grey. I would post a pic but imgur stopped with the bbm link on android so I don't know how to upload pics anymore

I much prefer PVD to cerakote for many reasons on a hand gun. I did not realize they had switched over to cerakote. Deal breaker for me. I have no problem loading pics. You can copy direct link and then put it inside image url tab here.

I much prefer PVD to cerakote for many reasons on a hand gun. I did not realize they had switched over to cerakote. Deal breaker for me. I have no problem loading pics. You can copy direct link and then put it inside image url tab here.

I tried that copt link and paste in url... didnt work. But I figured out how to direct load , but file was too big so had to screenshot
uNODfHH

uNODfHH

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200415-074815_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200415-074815_Gallery.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 19
I tried that copt link and paste in url... didnt work. But I figured out how to direct load , but file was too big so had to screenshot
uNODfHH

uNODfHH

looking good. When done right PVD coatings are excellent. Cerakote is like using a bake on krylon paint that any backyard Billy bob can put on. junk. It is cheap though. I will say, cerakote is a good surface protector, but terrible for any sliding moving parts. Lubricity is not good, so I would never recommend it for handguns. On rifles it would be ok as a harder surface protector. PVD coatings on the other hand tend to have low lubricity. That's good for helping guns not jam.

Last edited:
I have been carrying glocks for over 20 years. As much I think it is an excellent gun, the Grip angle is the one thing I hate about Glock. It is not natural. Natural pointing grip angles are, 1911, Hi-power, Sig Sauer, CZ75, etc. Those guns are natural pointers. You actually have to modify your grip to shoot the glock. If you point naturally, the glock will shoot high, so you have canted your wrist down to compensate for the unnatural grip angle of the glock. As I have. When you put a 1911, Hipower or Sig P226 in your hand you realize how natural they are.

That's what I mean, I know glocks point high but after shooting glock for so long, I point every other gun low now lol so I'm just gonna stick to glocks for serious use and other guns for fun.

That's what I mean, I know glocks point high but after shooting glock for so long, I point every other gun low now lol so I'm just gonna stick to glocks for serious use and other guns for fun.

Nothing wrong with that. You won't feel bad when you drop or lose a $500 glock vs a $1k plus Sig, colt, etc.

It would have to be a wheel gun. Why? because it goes bang no matter what. I have a S&W 626 so that would be the one. Knife, big and light... Like an ERGO ZTBM. Cobalt can probably get you the skinny on those... AND HELLO DENNIS!!!!

It would have to be a wheel gun. Why? because it goes bang no matter what. I have a S&W 626 so that would be the one. Knife, big and light... Like an ERGO ZTBM. Cobalt can probably get you the skinny on those... AND HELLO DENNIS!!!!

TONY!!! Good to hear from you. I Hope all is well in your town and with you. ZT's are awesome. All I have left is a ZTSH. As for the gun, 626? Did you mean 686?

TONY!!! Good to hear from you. I Hope all is well in your town and with you. ZT's are awesome. All I have left is a ZTSH. As for the gun, 626? Did you mean 686?
Yes 686 although I do have a Sig here

Back