Pacific Salt 2 Green LC200N

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Wharn, Sep 9, 2020.

1. loon#r

loon#r Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Just imagine the Siren finger guard tweaked a bit and everything else left the same. I’m tempted to buy another and mod it.

uxo2 likes this.
  2. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    I don't want to talk down on knife designs, but I think the new Pacific Salt kind of killed any enthusiasm I had for the Siren. It's not that I don't like the Siren, it's a cool design, I just prefer the handle and FRN of the Pacific over the Siren.

uxo2 and Wharn like this.
  3. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    Fair enough, that's why they make many different ones.

4. FrannaM

FrannaM

Jan 29, 2020
    Wonder why the Salt 2 in LC was not released. I think it will be a massive hit! Any predictions on when we will see them?

John_0917, 353 and craytab like this.
  5. tueller

tueller Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 16, 2012
    1. Will endura scales fit if you want to change the color?

2. Is the coated hardware to reduce corrosion? I read the only time corrosion is an issue with LC200N is where it makes contact with the stainless steel hardware (liners, screws, etc).

bigsurbob likes this.
  6. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I think it will be a massive hit too and although I prefer the larger Endura size knife, I'll be in for at least 1! I'm betting that production capacity is why.

I'll be curious to see if the blades are swapable!

uxo2 likes this.
  7. 353

353 Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I'm the opposite, for my hands the Endura is a little to big. Love the long and beefier blade though..

So hope you are right on the production capacity, are the Salt 2 LC's confirmed btw?

8. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    I thought they were but can't recall the thread.

9. colubrid

colubrid Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2005
    The original series Salts had a H1 lock. Does the Salt 2 have an H1 lock or just coated stainless black?

10. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Really, the only question is: Plain edge or serrated edge?

11. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    Or, go PE with this and get a SE H1. Easy for me to say.

craytab likes this.
  12. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Got any evidence of this? "Original" as in the ones just replaced with the Endura 4 handle?

I highly doubt they would do an LC blade and an H1 lock bar....

But you never know until you ask! @Sal Glesser

13. blueblur

blueblur

Feb 25, 2009
    I’d imagine the current PS2 handle should be swapable so you should have a black and yellow option to swap out if you’d like. The general consensus with swapping back lock handles is the lock bar should follow the blade though.

I believe Spyderco CQI’d the salts with coated hardware to help reduce the chances of corrosion.

14. tueller

tueller Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Thanks. I learned to keep the lock bars with their original blade the hard way. It makes a big difference in blade play. I realized this one time and it took me 20 mins to switch things around again to make it right.

I would argue scale color choice is more important with LC200N Knives than H1. This would be true for me because with the edge holding limitations with H1 it usually serves as a designated water knife and the bright colors are desirable. With the edge holding improvements of LC200N, it would make a nice EDC (especially for those living near water) and therefor more typical colors, black, etc are desirable.

FrannaM likes this.
  15. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    I don’t buy many knives anymore, but the SE version of this has become my most-anticipated knife in a looong time!

Jim

16. BD_01

BD_01 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Does anyone know how well serrated LC200N holds up?

SE Caribbeans have been around for a while.

bigsurbob likes this.
  17. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    Someone on the Spyderco.com forum had a “torture test” thread on his SE Caribbean. The SE LC200N held up really well under heavy use over time. It probably holds up about as well as SE H1.

Jim

18. RickyBobby

RickyBobby

May 3, 2018
    Are the LC200 Pacific Salt 2 liner-less like the original? I'd assume they are, considering the 2.5 oz weight and corrosion proof requirement.

19. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    Yes, they are.

20. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Rit dye will darken or turn black that bright green real quick. Don't even need to disassemble.