1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Off Topic Parallel Snarking

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Guyon, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Hope it all goes well brother.

What kind of whiskey? Yep, we'll need some photographic evidence, of course.

Xr6x likes this.
  2. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The axe was wicked shahp:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, KingMC, Tanker 1/66 and 2 others like this.
  3. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    nice stuff :D

Xr6x likes this.
  4. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Surprised that puuko didn't sell daiz. Really nice knife.

5. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Oh, that puppy above ain't for sale. ;)
    But the next one might be!

Xr6x likes this.
  6. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    You had one up like it then.

7. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Crown Royal XO. Love the stuff!

They weren't that big but still fun. I uploaded 1 picture... This one's a mullet... The other was a gar... A little smaller than the mullet..

8. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Bigger than anything I catch, haha. Er, I mean, yeah, that's the size I normally use for bait...:rolleyes:

worldwood and Xr6x like this.
  9. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I actually think I saw it in the gallery, not the sales forum.

10. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Damn, 7 more posts to 20,000. I need a life.

11. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Just finished reading a book by Owen Chase; "The Wreck of the Whale Ship Essex". I never read Moby Dick, so I bought a copy of it that turned out to be a condensed kids version. I'll go hunting for the original some time soon. Knowing that it was inspired by the true story of the Essex, I had to find a copy of the former. Nantucket you say?
    ~
    Captain Pollard, "My God, Mr. Chase, what is the matter?".
    "We have have been stove by a whale.", Owen Chase.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  12. dresnor

dresnor

Feb 1, 2011
    I am going nuts. Getting ready for spring turkey season I bought a new shotgun, Sumtoy choke, decoys, red dot, leafy suit, ammo, and calls. Still over a month out and these guys have been visiting the bird feeders a few times a day. OMG!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jeremy

Tanker 1/66, zfJames, Xr6x and 3 others like this.
  13. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    Hey all !! Been a busy couple of weeks but managed to read 8 or so pages of snark....

Congrats on a new bike, new house, not dying in a car accident...
    Happy Birthday!
    Good luck with the medical problems, truck problems, head gasket problems...
    Nice knives, scales, etc!

I think that covers most of it.

We are finally done with "Spring Kidding". Our herd of 6 registered Nubian dairy goats is now 12 (since last Saturday). A few pictures.

Buttermilk went first on last Saturday. No sign of labor when we went to bed Friday night, 3 kids (one stillborn doe, one buckling, and one still wet doeling).
    Buttermilk cleaning off Marigold (the doe that we believe is youngest)
    [​IMG]

Brother and sister: We'll register the buckling as Oermann Family Salvia Sage (Sal for short); he is the larger one on the right. We are going with "herb" names for the bucks and flowers for the does. ("Oermann Family" is the herd name) The doeling is Oermann Family Marigold (or Mari).
    [​IMG]

Sal and Mari taking a nap.
    [​IMG]

Me bottle feeding one of the doe kids (Lily). Her dam (Twinsey, or Texanna Twin Sisters) has CAE (a caprine lentovirus), so we are bottle feeding her colostrum and milk from our Buttermilk. I had to assist delivery Monday night since the first kid out presented with only one leg. After pushing it back in, I was able to deliver it stillborn, followed quickly by Lily. My wife cleaned her up while I tried to clear the first kid's airway to no avail. The next morning, we found Twinsey had delivered a little buckling during the night after we had gone to bed. A 6 or more hour delay between births is unusual, but clearly possible. No picture of him, but my wife did shoot some videos which I'm not motivated enough to try to upload anywhere... You can see them on FaceBook at "Oermann Country Store" if you want.
    [​IMG]

The final two came from Texanna Rosebud yesterday evening. Uneventful birth of twins, about 45 minutes apart, one buckling followed by a doeling. Both 9 pounds...the others were 8, except for little Mari who was 5 pounds at birth. Maybe pictures tomorrow. Tonight it's finish digesting the corned beef, cabbage and Shiner beer and get some sleep.

Happy Saint Pat's Day!

Tanker 1/66, zfJames, Xr6x and 4 others like this.
  14. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    You smoke mullet WW? One of my favorite roadside snacks next to Cajun boiled peanuts of course and honorable mention to chicken liver and gizzards

worldwood likes this.
  15. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't personally smoke it, I've never tried... We give the mullet to a friend who smokes it. This was the only one shot that night so I won't get any.. but when we have a better night it's normally a trade off... He gets enough for him and his wife and smokes some for us as well.

But I also love all the things you mentioned! They grow peanuts half mile from me... We normally get to pick what we want for free while they harvest, and boil them ourselves.... My brother's wife's family owns the land.

Lots of work though... Picking... Cleaning..Shelling... Sometimes I'd rather just pay 3 bucks and get a cup full lol

Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  16. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    Dubz, you have a life......it's just that it's, ah. .. ... .. .here.

.....and wherever it is that you and your internet connection live in your IRL.

This place wouldn't be the same without cha.

The Warrior likes this.
  17. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Thanks man.

I wish this place was still hopping like the old days. I miss some of the people that used to frequent here. Hopefully there will be some new releases out soon, to stir things up again.

Xr6x likes this.
  18. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    I think you killed the snark...or at least stunned it...

19. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    More than likely.

20. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    we need some new donated merch from KaBar to sponsor Beckerhead only contests. drive up the membership and frenzy. course, there's always a cutoff date ;)

also contests to encourage signups in general...

and rewards for posts of the month/year maybe?

i'll hit of our buds at the 'Bar and see what they have to offer perhaps, and of course, when new stuff happens as it happens (we're the last to know), we'll see :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.