Off Topic Parallel Snarking

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need some new donated merch from KaBar to sponsor Beckerhead only contests. drive up the membership and frenzy. course, there's always a cutoff date ;)

also contests to encourage signups in general...

and rewards for posts of the month/year maybe?

i'll hit of our buds at the 'Bar and see what they have to offer perhaps, and of course, when new stuff happens as it happens (we're the last to know), we'll see :D
Sounds like a plan to me. We need something. I notice Uncle E hasn't been around for some time now as well.

OK - you two come up with a contest and I'll donate a BK-16 to the cause.
I'm not that creative. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to do anything these days to win it, other than say I'm in, and hope for the best. Besides, it was Bladites idea, haha.

OK - you two come up with a contest and I'll donate a BK-16 to the cause.

sweet, i could use another one :) appreciate it! but hold on a bit. i'm pondering fun and dumb. it's time to get out and play outside.

really, KaBar might wanna help out, after all, you know :D They're the pushers of the Brand ;)

I was playing outside today -- clearing an old campsite so it's usable again.
while doing that I discovered that as I feared, the Seymour aluminum snath is not durable - so I ended up using my BK29 to clear out all the undergrowth at ground level.

while doing that I discovered that as I feared, the Seymour aluminum snath is not durable

it's not? i've been using one for 5 years... though i'm not using it as a heavy ditch clearing ... more moderate use. i'll keep that in mind for later :D

i also have the wooden handle models, and three different blade types (grass, medium, ditch).

call up Seymour and let them know it failed? perhaps they have a nice warranty.

how's the blade?

blade is an old one I got from Ben and cleaned up the edge myself, so it's fine.
snath is probably 5 years old, but this is only the 3rd or 4th time I've used it.

Hey all !! Been a busy couple of weeks but managed to read 8 or so pages of snark....

Congrats on a new bike, new house, not dying in a car accident...
Happy Birthday!
Good luck with the medical problems, truck problems, head gasket problems...
Nice knives, scales, etc!

I think that covers most of it.

We are finally done with "Spring Kidding". Our herd of 6 registered Nubian dairy goats is now 12 (since last Saturday). A few pictures.

Buttermilk went first on last Saturday. No sign of labor when we went to bed Friday night, 3 kids (one stillborn doe, one buckling, and one still wet doeling).
Buttermilk cleaning off Marigold (the doe that we believe is youngest)
oLWrp1U.jpg

Brother and sister: We'll register the buckling as Oermann Family Salvia Sage (Sal for short); he is the larger one on the right. We are going with "herb" names for the bucks and flowers for the does. ("Oermann Family" is the herd name) The doeling is Oermann Family Marigold (or Mari).
S03Jqp9.jpg

Sal and Mari taking a nap.
5XpZKDc.jpg

Me bottle feeding one of the doe kids (Lily). Her dam (Twinsey, or Texanna Twin Sisters) has CAE (a caprine lentovirus), so we are bottle feeding her colostrum and milk from our Buttermilk. I had to assist delivery Monday night since the first kid out presented with only one leg. After pushing it back in, I was able to deliver it stillborn, followed quickly by Lily. My wife cleaned her up while I tried to clear the first kid's airway to no avail. The next morning, we found Twinsey had delivered a little buckling during the night after we had gone to bed. A 6 or more hour delay between births is unusual, but clearly possible. No picture of him, but my wife did shoot some videos which I'm not motivated enough to try to upload anywhere... You can see them on FaceBook at "Oermann Country Store" if you want.
OJGUu3T.jpg

The final two came from Texanna Rosebud yesterday evening. Uneventful birth of twins, about 45 minutes apart, one buckling followed by a doeling. Both 9 pounds...the others were 8, except for little Mari who was 5 pounds at birth. Maybe pictures tomorrow. Tonight it's finish digesting the corned beef, cabbage and Shiner beer and get some sleep.

Happy Saint Pat's Day!

Congrats on the new kids!

I will offer up my Cam Machax as a passaround. Maybe somebody can get that 1/4 inch Pig to chop!!!!

the Cam one needed a bit of reprofiling and it should be nice, as long as it's not thinned out too much.

the Cam one needed a bit of reprofiling and it should be nice, as long as it's not thinned out too much.
I'm slowly working it down to a 18° convexed edge. I had a good solid 20° convex edge but it hit the lumber like a piece of angle iron.
But better than original. Thanks Bladite i will keep working it.

Super Glue is a good temporary fix, but I think we’ll need some duct tape for a permanent fix. :D

Super Glue is a good temporary fix, but I think we’ll need some duct tape for a permanent fix. :D

Gorilla Tape is pretty solid stuff. much more solid.

FiberFix tape though, that's amazing stuff. check out their videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back