1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Park Ranger". . . Pics, Specs, and Pricing!. . . Coming Sept. 20, 2017

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 18, 2017.

1. ikkyo

ikkyo

Mar 19, 2007
    ...still waiting for mine...status: "awaiting shipment"...

2. NJBillK

NJBillK Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Same, I am sure I will be one of the last... There was 4 or 5 of us waiting about 1-2 months longer than everyone else for our Grab Bags.

I just keep telling myself Two more weeks. At least that will be accurate one day...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. dobermaniac

dobermaniac Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    How did all you guys get your leather sheaths already? Did you have to request that? I was never told they could be shipped with the knives... Don't want to have to wait another 6 months for just the sheaths but I also don't want to have to pay $20+ to get them mailed to me.

Can you use shop credit on the sheaths? (the sheaths were technically ordered after the shop credit)

4. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    Hang in there Hogs lol I thought mine was one of the art once shipped, should be here Monday. Glad to hear I wasn' the only one waiting.
    Some Hogs already got and Sold theirs lol

5. StealthCaliber

StealthCaliber Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2006
    yeah man, thats definitely NOT bronze, it's sage. also wth with the coating it looks rough around the spine. Looks like it was marbilized ( you spray down a havy coat of paint, hurry and lay saran wrap or thin mil drop plastic cloth and peel it off for a cool effect "

6. stinkyspice

stinkyspice Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 2, 2011
    I ordered this exact combo can’t wait to get it!!!!!! I’ve been waiting for this style blade from them for ages!! Time to retire my pm2 as my skinner and put this into use!

DesertDweller likes this.
  7. Srtr

Srtr Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2016
    i live way out in the boonies in the middle of a swamp so ups usually delivers around their ending time....got a knock on the door at 11AM today...hmm that cant possibly be my knife...

ups driver changed up his route to get me the package because he saw it was coming from busse and hes a busse collector and apparently active on blade forums. Didnt get his screen name but hes been my ups guy for a long time and ive always liked him. like him even more now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    My Park Ranger sheath was part of my Whiskey Warden order, purchased with shop credits. When they charged my credit card for the PR, I emailed Amy and asked that they ship the sheath with the PR. I don't know if the email was necessary, but the sheath came with the knife, and the only thing my credit card was charged for was the knife.

9. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Great blade and sheath! Really kicking myself for not getting g10 on this one.

10. CNCGUNNER

CNCGUNNER Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Still waiting for shipping here too!

11. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
  12. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    That satin and blk/tan is the bomb man - Got lucky with the mill pattern, they seem to be really consistent. I want to hit it with the belt and smooth it up but it just looks so good I can't bring myself to do it on this one.

hydeinmind likes this.
  13. Matteo Escobar

Matteo Escobar Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2002
    What are you guys doing for sheaths? I’m thinking Mashed Cat for kydex and Rowe or Condo if I go the leather route.

14. Basko00

Basko00 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Really happy with this Park Ranger. Love the texture of the G10. Seems a little less slick than others. I almost didn’t order this because it had a little too much belly in the original pics but it appears they narrowed the blade profile just enough. Great knife.

8E9D7B7D-CB37-4EF8-829C-9C9AB1278C44.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    - SpyderMan - and Leonardo63 like this.
  15. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I got my two Kydex sheaths from Mr. Brown in less than a week he must be super busy. The Strata looks really good with the tan and black G-10. And if I thought about I would of asked for blue carbon fiber for my Bruiser but this one is excellent.

[​IMG]

F'lar and Leonardo63 like this.
  16. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Wow! I love that look with the Strata - I went the same for mine, matches even better than I expected :thumbsup:

CookieRawwr likes this.
  17. P7HVN

P7HVN Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    More Brown goodness...
    IMG_2156.JPG IMG_2157.JPG

18. Megawatt308

Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    Recieved my satin black/tan two days earlier than UPS tracking original estimate. The g10 matches up perfectly to the contours of the steel. There is zero feel on the transition from the g10 to steel. The blend is perfectly smooth, no raised edges and no sharp edges. If I hold the knife and close my eyes and I can’t feel on the handle where the g10 starts and where the steel ends.

My knife did not have a sharpen by name, there was only the cut up busse sharpness test paper cut up to shreds. The edge is properly sharp and I see no need to break out my wicked edge for a long time.

This is my first busse and I feel I made a good purchase, the fit, finish and quality are better than I hoped for. Many of the designs offered are way too large for my use but the PR is a perfect size for me to actually carry and want to use. It was a little smaller than I thought it would be, and that is a very good surprise. Hard to judge a size from a picture.

Leonardo63 likes this.
  19. F'lar

F'lar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Congrats on your new / first Busse.

hydeinmind likes this.
  20. bullpin

bullpin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    New DB7178A1-DB84-4847-A860-E6096A0F710B.jpeg After a week at work CA4B7D82-9B08-4E3D-BEA3-963532559A45.jpeg AE510693-EAFB-4268-AB1C-B33C95011AAD.jpeg Think I’m gonna need a new sheath soon. Are these still available to buy ?

Basko00 and F'lar like this.