maybe next time
ill get in on it for real

btw if ya need another design....id be happy to oblige
got a few ideas rumbling round the old head
can add scales
make sheaths etc
a firesteel to match
thanks

I have a blank that was practice from when I got my grinder.
you can have it if you like, I will take pics if you are interested!

Drew...would you be interested in something out of the ordinary? I am a chef and need a fruit carving knife...I like mine but the thai maker that sent it to me was not all that concerned with quality and I had some design changes in mind.

Should I start the thread in the knifemakers forum?

Drew...would you be interested in something out of the ordinary? I am a chef and need a fruit carving knife...I like mine but the thai maker that sent it to me was not all that concerned with quality and I had some design changes in mind.

Should I start the thread in the knifemakers forum?

Im limited to 1"wide 1/8" 1095 stock, but i can make just about anything within that size!

start a thread in WS&S I'm sure other members would love to see the progress and design phase.

Drew - that's quite the offer you're putting out there! You might want to specify if Sgt Spaulding is fulfilling the offer or if its an open offer, because in that case you're gonna get a million people knocking down your door for a free knife ;) A sgain dubh could be a fun project :D

I have a blank that was practice from when I got my grinder.
you can have it if you like, I will take pics if you are interested!

well duh of course! that would be awesome! will take some pix, add scales, make a sheath n firsteel and more pix! lets do it!
thanks man!

Other than the gear I have parted with to date I got nothing to put up now...however when I pull apart my storage unit in about a month to move that will be another story entirely.

I have to buy a new fuel pump for my truck so I can't even afford to ship anything, unless I can dig up something small. Coghlan's flints for camp stove and lantern lighter, anyone?
pACE3-1049459reg.jpg

I have to buy a new fuel pump for my truck so I can't even afford to ship anything, unless I can dig up something small. Coghlan's flints for camp stove and lantern lighter, anyone?
pACE3-1049459reg.jpg

if you no longer need those there is somthing really cool you can do with them!
wait until its dark then get a torch and heat one up til its red hot and slam it on the ground, it makes a huge explosion of sparks.

if you no longer need those there is somthing really cool you can do with them!
wait until its dark then get a torch and heat one up til its red hot and slam it on the ground, it makes a huge explosion of sparks.

Yeah, I've done that a few times! :D

Back