• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

People who blatantly and fraudulently sell knives as hand made when they are blanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent them/him a message on FB ask for a halt to the M-18 copy. Very cordial response, they're done. They'll sell what they have left of a D2 lot and that's all.

I would take that as a slap in the face. Clearly, again, these... "characters" have no problem selling rip-offs even when they admit they're ripping people off. :thumbdn:

Interesting thread. I was at KY knife show a while back and saw this cool puukko. Asked the guy if he made it all he said yes.

I took it out of the sheath and if I recall it was either a Puronvarsi blade or a Vkstrom blade. I commented that this was the mark of whichever smith it was at which point they guy claimed the smith had come from Finland to the US did a workshop at his place and then he (the guy selling it) finished it up.

Seemed a little fishy to me. He did a great job on the handle and sheath why not just say it's a finnish blade I put the handle and sheath on? I would have bought it but for the obvious deception.

Interesting thread. I was at KY knife show a while back and saw this cool puukko. Asked the guy if he made it all he said yes.

I took it out of the sheath and if I recall it was either a Puronvarsi blade or a Vkstrom blade. I commented that this was the mark of whichever smith it was at which point they guy claimed the smith had come from Finland to the US did a workshop at his place and then he (the guy selling it) finished it up.

Seemed a little fishy to me. He did a great job on the handle and sheath why not just say it's a finnish blade I put the handle and sheath on? I would have bought it but for the obvious deception.

Hi, HD. How's is going down in WBGVa?

So Antti Mäkinen came to the US to do a workshop.

https://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/tag/antti-makinen/

Strange he didn't put that on his website. ^___^

As I am sure you know, many "makers" in Scandinavia and Finland routinely get up knives with blades they buy. Only they advertise the brand of blade they use.

But if you have no integrity, you sell a story instead of an honest product.

I think the Finn maker coming regulraly to US to keep courses is Vikström.

+1 on the fact that in Fennoscandic peninsula if the blade was made by someone else is said.

I have a knife contact in Pakistan who sent me a photo of a CFK knife sitting on a table in a leather sheath makers shop. That's not to say they don't just ship sample knives to Pakistan and have their sheaths produced there but it is curious.

I have a knife contact in Pakistan who sent me a photo of a CFK knife sitting on a table in a leather sheath makers shop. That's not to say they don't just ship sample knives to Pakistan and have their sheaths produced there but it is curious.

Was it stamped CFK? Throw up the pic!

Praise to all who have remained vigilant against misrepresentation, deceit, and copying. In this era, and especially with 3-D printers around the corner, one must always be suspicious of questionable ad-copy, hyperbole, and skills that don't match one's background.

There does seem to be a common trait of youth amongst the "makers" listed in this thread and that is expected yet unfortunate. They will learn the hard way how unnecessary and costly in the long run this is.

I do find it especially reprehensible that one would allude to themselves as a "master-smith" or a smith of any sort when that is a prestigious and hard to earn certification that actually means something historically and to a large number of people.

The crap from CFK is beyond the pale. He should have offered to return the whole box of unsold models to you while begging you not to come over and exact retribution from his pathetic self. Hopefully he learned something from the gentlemanly way in which you handled it.

I sent them/him a message on FB ask for a halt to the M-18 copy. Very cordial response, they're done. They'll sell what they have left of a D2 lot and that's all.

Glad to hear that, murph. Just looked at some of his knives. If you do a google image search on "cfk d2 combat cleaver", come back here and tell me it doesn't look like a BK3 with a different handle. It's pretty clear where he got his 'inspiration'.

Glad to hear that, murph. Just looked at some of his knives. If you do a google image search on "cfk d2 combat cleaver", come back here and tell me it doesn't look like a BK3 with a different handle. It's pretty clear where he got his 'inspiration'.

Oh yeah, I notified Ka-Bar and Ethan right after I talked to Todd about the M-18 copy.

I do find it especially reprehensible that one would allude to themselves as a "master-smith" or a smith of any sort when that is a prestigious and hard to earn certification that actually means something historically and to a large number of people..

Good point, your 100% spot on too. It should be a jailable offence same as impersonating a judge or even a Dr, A master-smith or a knife smith is at it just as long as a Dr, or shit bag Lawyer,& longer..Yet there is no punishment I'm aware of.

I think I just figured out why this country is in such a mess. Most Congressmen, Senators, Judges and even Presidents are or were Lawyers at one point in their shady lives & we all know the moral capacity of a few criminal defence lawyers prosecutors too I wonder how this country would be if the working class took over again !!

This thread has drifted pretty far off topic, if it does not get back on track we can just lock it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back