1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Lorien, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012

There we go! :thumbsup:

I'm thinking orange wouldn't look too shabby either.

betzner, Odog27 and Oyster like this.
  2. Basko00

Basko00 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2005
    It’s perfect. The FK is an excellent knife. The UFK takes it just a bit further and is, quite simply, a classic. Looking forward to Friday.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. Odog27

Odog27 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I like ghost G10 with blue GITD or standard green GITD liners.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Hard Knocks and woodysone like this.
  4. Jo the Machinist

Jo the Machinist KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 17, 2015
    The Ghost black G10 is black with the translucent-y material over it. It comes that way. They do also have ghost blue and ghost red. I wanted to see how folks liked the ghost black before committing to more. I might have to get some ghost blue...

Mike157, NUTRAMAC, Coach23 and 5 others like this.
  5. betzner

betzner CenCal Coast Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    @Jo the Machinist That ghost material really fooled me at first, but now I think it is super stuff. I think trying blue to see what it looks like makes alot of sense.

duramax, Mike157, Odog27 and 3 others like this.
  6. Jo the Machinist

Jo the Machinist KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 17, 2015
    The new G10 scales for tomorrow's UFK sale: Ghost black, Orange and black, and Red and black:
    2.jpg 1.jpg

Bmurray, JJ_Colt45, jjweb and 17 others like this.
  7. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Nice NinJo, is the Blue similar to Ghost Jade:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

8. Jo the Machinist

Nov 17, 2015
    I haven't seen it in person Tom. I figure it is like the black, the samples on the web page look like they follow the same pattern, but I couldn't visualize the final result until I had it cut out...

9. Basko00

Basko00 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2005
    If I could, a question for those of you who’ve had the opportunity to compare the burlap with the buffed micarta in hand-which do you prefer, if you have a preference for one over the other, and why? I thought I recall seeing where Nathan said he liked the burlap but I don’t think he said why. Apologies if this is the wrong thread for that.

10. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I think Nathan said he preferred the burlap over the G10. As far as comparing buffed micarta and burlap, I would go with the burlap. They both feel good, but I think the burlap looks better. Additionally, the ridges on the scales of my prototype UFK are much deeper and provide a better grip. Of course if grip were your main concern, then you would be better off with the the unbuffed variaty, and the burlap comes out on top again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Bmurray, JJ_Colt45, jjweb and 18 others like this.
  11. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Gah! The drop point on that proto is so friggin sexy! ^^^ I hope Nate didn't throw out the programming for that profile (a guy can always dream right?!)

12. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
  13. ni1s

ni1s Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Bla bla, everyone is so enamoured by the new (U)FK(2) in shiny colors. Don’t forget to give your old (t)rusty family some love! ;)

Three generations of EDC:

32192C04-3318-40BB-BD71-77A289C35411.jpeg

Bmurray, 91bravo, abbydaddy and 20 others like this.
  14. BOSS1

BOSS1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 16, 2008
    A few finer things...

HDFK1.JPG

15. - SpyderMan -

- SpyderMan - Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2015
    No Utility Field Knife, no problem! :cool:

[​IMG]

16. AntCaps

AntCaps Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2009
  17. kurpak

kurpak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Who needs a FK2 when you have a FK1? hmm.. that doesn't really work. I need a FK2.
    fk_small.jpg

18. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    ^^^That's called "cognitive dissonance". It only works for a little while. Sounds like you snapped out of it pretty quickly :D

19. Hundred Acre Wood

Hundred Acre Wood

Mar 19, 2017
    That is a sweet way to roll.

Can I ask what brand the straps on the sheath are? Thanks!

20. jackal_727

jackal_727 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 25, 2010
    What he said. That's badass.

Mike157 likes this.