Please explain what is and isn't "trolling"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't at all true. Other people, even in this thread, agree that staff should treat everyone the same way.

The mods are smart enough not to fall for your usual "mod sass" nonsense. They don't need you to tell them what to think, and I don't need you to attempt to shut me or anyone else up with scare tactics. There is nothing scary about being banned from a forum or being disliked by semi-pro misanthropes.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misanthrope

And what percentage do you and the other disgruntled people make up? Even if 20 members got together and agreed with you that would be a DROP IN A BUCKET of the number of members that have ZERO issues.

And for what it is worth, I wasn't attempting to make the mods think anything. Keep starting these threads, my guess is they are already are fed up with you.

And since you don't care if you are banned then why start threads complaining about the mods instead of just leaving?
That isn't at all true. Other people, even in this thread, agree that staff should treat everyone the same way.

The mods are smart enough not to fall for your usual "mod sass" nonsense. They don't need you to tell them what to think, and I don't need you to attempt to shut me or anyone else up with scare tactics. There is nothing scary about being banned from a forum or being disliked by semi-pro misanthropes.

Name calling. Nice.

And what percentage do you and the other disgruntled people make up? Even if 20 members got together and agreed with you that would be a DROP IN A BUCKET of the number of members that have ZERO issues.

And for what it is worth, I wasn't attempting to make the mods think anything. Keep starting these threads, my guess is they already are fed up with you.

And since you don't care if you are banned then why start threads complaining about the mods instead of just leaving?

I LIKE bladeforums. I like posting my threads about topics I find interesting, I like posting on other people's knife topics that I find interesting and I like helping people with questions and problems that I happen to have a good answer to.

I did not sign up on a knife website to conform to a tiny minority's opinion of what is a proper opinion to have or to have to every damn thread I participate in be the target of attacks by people ruled by their emotions. The fact that any sort of "troll hunting" instigating behavior is tolerated on BF is frankly disgusting. I have participated in probably 20 forums over the years and have NEVER seen forum members have the undue and damaging influence some of you do. There is nothing that I could possibly do to BF that comes close to the nasty, bitter atmosphere you guys ferment.

I LIKE bladeforums. I like posting my threads about topics I find interesting, I like posting on other people's knife topics that I find interesting and I like helping people with questions and problems that I happen to have a good answer to.

I did not sign up on a knife website to conform to a tiny minority's opinion of what is a proper opinion to have or to have to every damn thread I participate in be the target of attacks by people ruled by their emotions. The fact that any sort of "troll hunting" instigating behavior is tolerated on BF is frankly disgusting. I have participated in probably 20 forums over the years and have NEVER seen forum members have the undue and damaging influence some of you do. There is nothing that I could possibly do to BF that comes close to the nasty, bitter atmosphere you guys ferment.

Anything else? You know there is subforum dedicated to these kind of complaints, right?

Then why is bladeforums thriving? You insult the mods every other post you make, i need not insinuate anything, your words are clear as day.

Your doom and gloom that bladeforums is being destroyed is hogwash.

So let me get this straight:

1. How the mods moderate bladeforums is "disgusting".

2. The mods do not enforce the rules fairly.

3. Bladeforums is being destroyed.

That about right? Your posts are quoted so denying is pointless.

Anything else? You know there is subforum dedicated to these kind of complaints, right?

This is it. W&C is a clubhouse used by those who have little interest in knives. It is not regarded by anyone as a useful subforum. If anything, it is supposed to be a dumping ground for people that can't help but insult people while they use the internet - the problem is that your nastiness keeps leaking out.

Just curious as to how you think this thread will end?

I LIKE bladeforums. There is nothing that I could possibly do to BF that comes close to the nasty, bitter atmosphere you guys ferment.

This nasty, bitter atmosphere you see all around you in blade forums is likely not seen by most others. I think you drastically overestimate the amount of people who agree with you on said nasty, bitter atmosphere. Certain issues seem to follow certain people around. Sometimes, when that type of fact pattern establishes itself, the person who is constantly at the center of the nasty bitterness might actually be the one who needs to examine their behavior for the root cause.

This is it. W&C is a clubhouse used by those who have little interest in knives. It is not regarded by anyone as a useful subforum. If anything, it is supposed to be a dumping ground for people that can't help but insult people while they use the internet - the problem is that your nastiness keeps leaking out.

Yet here we are, in a thread about nastiness started by you after getting infracted for being nasty. W&C is the proper place to go for this kind of stuff. General knife discussion and tech support? Not so much.

Why don't you guys pick a rep and have that person post your group opinion?

Got it, no evidence then.

You can read and know perfectly well what Morrow did to clean up the mess. KIAH has a quote and Spartan has apologies - not to the people he insulted, but to those who caught him.

Don't you get disgusted with your own games?

You can read and know perfectly well what Morrow did to clean up the mess. KIAH has a quote and Spartan has apologies - not to the people he insulted, but to those who caught him.

Don't you get disgusted with your own games?

And what games are those?

Why don't you guys pick a rep and have that person post your group opinion?

What is that supposed to mean? From your response here and in various other places, it appears you think that if people agree with you they are independent thinkers, but if they disagree it must be part of some evil, coordinated plot or something.

You said you think Bladeforums has a nasty and bitter atmosphere, i would wager most people in BF don't believe that. If the nastiness and bitterness follows you around, try some introspection.

Is W&C different in the behavior that is allowed. Yep, has a different purpose and different rules, so don't go in all guns blazing if you don't want to have people blaze back at you. Just put people on ignore and go about your business in other parts of the forum.

You made the comment that W&C behavior spills out into other parts of the forum. Where i see that happen, chiclets are issued. They were issued in this thread. Where is the conspiracy? Where is the problem? Whats the deal?

What is that supposed to mean? From your response here and in various other places, it appears you think that if people agree with you they are independent thinkers, but if they disagree it must be part of some evil, coordinated plot or something.

You said you think Bladeforums has a nasty and bitter atmosphere, i would wager most people in BF don't believe that. If the nastiness and bitterness follows you around, try some introspection.

Is W&C different in the behavior that is allowed. Yep, has a different purpose and different rules, so don't go in all guns blazing if you don't want to have people blaze back at you. Just put people on ignore and go about your business in other parts of the forum.

You made the comment that W&C behavior spills out into other parts of the forum. Where i see that happen, chiclets are issued. They were issued in this thread. Where is the conspiracy? Where is the problem? Whats the deal?

Marcinek trolled a thread, had it reported and nothing happened. I do the same (or less) I get an infraction. And that lopsided treatment by mods has been noted more than once by many more people than me.

And the atmosphere of BF has also been commented on by newbies and veterans. I know you guys like the way things are, but of course you would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back