Please report DotDefender related problems here

Late last night I reported that it's happened a couple times to me recently. It just happened again. This time, I kept reloading the page. Each time I did I got a different Reference ID. Again, just like the previous times, the problem did not last long and corrected its self. I don't think restarting the browser or computer has anything to do with it.

Blocked when trying to click on a thread in the Exchange >> For Sale: Production Folders (Individual)

dotDefender Blocked Your Request

Please contact the site administrator, and provide the following Reference ID:

1bde-03fe-fe1c-e466

1643-9ff4-3065-39a4
Happens randomly.

Late last night I reported that it's happened a couple times to me recently. It just happened again. This time, I kept reloading the page. Each time I did I got a different Reference ID. Again, just like the previous times, the problem did not last long and corrected its self. I don't think restarting the browser or computer has anything to do with it.

My experience could be entirely anecdotal (and simply a matter of coincidence), but restarting my browser is the only way I've found so far to get back to bladeforums at all when every page is blocked from the get-go by DotDefender.

Once in, if DotDefendered, I've refreshed many different types of pages multiple times over several minutes (hosts of DotDefender codes, a new one each time) without ever being able to proceed. Coming back later doesn't work; restarting my browser does.

For now.

Knock on steel.

~ P.

b05b-be9e-7ba6-3f20
62a2-6dee-9067-c49e
66ca-cad3-7f17-d411

All about an hour and a half ago, all while trying to open this forum or this thread.

09-Jan-2015 05:33PM

f3af-456f-eb6e-7643

Just got it while trying to report the problem with the search engine.

e4f9-b18b-a2b3-d48d

Multiple times this has occurred over an extended period of time? is there any support. This is the only forum I have ever paid to be a member of on the internet and this happens and there seem to be no updates on what is being done

e000-5dca-7097-526c

Custom forum 2 minutes ago, while opening "focus on ABS" thread by ryan w

I am like everyone else - CONTINUAL problems with Dot defender, everytime giving me a different reference number to quote each time I unsuccessfully try to regain entry into BF.
I havent tried copying and pasting the generic report and numbers given as it would all link to the same, but its getting tiresome - I have had to leave BF for at least an hour - sometimes over half a day to re-enter, this is EXTREMELY frustrating, and would be nice to be kept in the loop as to what action is being taken if a thread is being starting asking for reports.
Also when leaving a page to go to the next - Dot Defender moves in - and bang...it all starts again.

Is there any use for us to actually post report numbers - if so I will gladly post them from now on if it helps,

DotDefender

cda5-4660-cf9a-6506

Between Dot Defender and Search errors, this is getting old fast.

What needs to be done to correct these glitches?

54b0-d53f-196c-d36d

DC

took a while this morning to get this far. 4 tries, 4 dotty dementors

9fb6-7299-9e89-d11e

6dff-3e4a-1f75-f07f

b4e6-7446-fabf-9016

fefa-5a5e-f6be-a912

The cure is worse than the disease, from what I've found dotdefender isn't rated very high, 3 out of 10 and there's a lot of problems reported online with it blocking users of sites. Since this dotdefender must be purchased, it should work for it's intended purpose without any hassles or it IMO is a ripoff.

http://website-security-and-performance-review.toptenreviews.com/dotdefender-review.html

"When it comes to website performance this service is lacking. There are no tools for improving the performance and speed of your website. Because this is an online service you don't have to worry about the security portion of it slowing your website down. But, a security service that would also keep your website running quickly is even more useful. dotDefender just can't provide that."

Back