Post your Becker knives pics here

sweet hennessey hammock :)

also, nice knife!

Bladite

Thanks. I'm not sure I'll ever tent again.

The BK-9 in question almost brought the trip to a sudden end when one of the other guys splayed out his knuckle with it. I done warned him...

A hurried paddle back downstream and out to the 'vet', then to the pharmacy for prescribed antibiotics and we we continued the trip on a different, easier route.

Also pictured here are some pics I took in a poor excuse for lightbox I threw together. They were taken the day I got the beast.

A wrap for the little companion blade. It wouldn't fit into the sheath with it on, so that idea got nixed... Shame, it added all sorts of grip.

fixed dup post
embiggened: (bladite)
DSCF1411.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
gore!

yes, these hammocks are the big win :)

Bladite

Well the good news is that after bouncing off his knuckle bone, the edge was no worse for the wear. Lucky it was a light swing or he would be minus one finger.

IMG_1283.jpg

8 or 9 stitches, I forget which.

The bad news is that 6 days of hard use with no touchups put a nasty dent/tear in the edge. I decided to grind it out and convex all at once. Still need to remove more material; sandpaper wears smooth fast... I'll post pics once that little endeavor is complete.

Well the good news is that after bouncing off his knuckle bone, the edge was no worse for the wear. Lucky it was a light swing or he would be minus one finger.

//images//...

8 or 9 stitches, I forget which.

The bad news is that 6 days of hard use with no touchups put a nasty dent/tear in the edge. I decided to grind it out and convex all at once. Still need to remove more material; sandpaper wears smooth fast... I'll post pics once that little endeavor is complete.

well, the best part about redoing the edge, is you'll get all that nasty rust causing blood off.

nice wound. i can see how that would be much worse. seen worse on the khukri forums. yow.

Bladite

well, the best part about redoing the edge, is you'll get all that nasty rust causing blood off.

nice wound. i can see how that would be much worse. seen worse on the khukri forums. yow.

Bladite

Well the entire edge is convexed, shiny and shaves easily. And I rinsed the blood away pretty soon after the event. I have to say I didn't oil the knife at all during the trip and 5 days of rain and 100% humidity did nothing to the shine on the edge. My plain 1095 Kabar would have been a rustbucket by the last day.

There's just this one nick thats probably 90% removed. It still occupies maybe 20% of the grind 'depth' on one side. I'm lucky, I guess, in that the nick is past where the belly starts its curve towards the point.

By the time I'm done, I'll have an 8.7" BK-9 :)

Finally took a pic of my old BK&T Patrol Machete...

HPIM1084.jpg

I know it doesn't actually resemble them, but it always reminds me of those large combat bowies Arnold's special forces team had in Predator.

:D

I wanted to post this pic. for the group so you can see a head to head of the two Becker's together.

The BK7 will go on hikes and camping and take all the abuse. Not that the "77" can't, but with only 150 available for the foreseable future and a little caveman coin saved up, I figured I'd pick one up. This forum played a big part in my decision to get my first Becker (BK11), which I carry around and keep in the car. The rest is cashflow to KA-BAR and praise to Ethan. :D

3779694064_4dcf216ddf.jpg

These are after my yard test on a Dogwood tree that fell. Let me tell you the Dogwood is some serious hardwood to chop through. It could also be my noob technique. I don't know if you can see the ends well enough, but they look almost polished.

3778888361_a3bfcfb98a.jpg

3779695174_220970043e.jpg

3778888753_d15ce4e5c3.jpg

Hagus

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back