Post your GEC Collection

I took this picture about two years ago (December 2016), when my GEC collection reached 50 knives.

PQ75CIS.jpg

I've parted with a few knives in that photo (a #14, a couple Beer Scouts, the Mudbug), and have added a few, as well (82 was the total when I last counted). I figure I'll get them all out together for another photo when I get to 100. :D

Have to say I've no idea how many I've got;) Some are around the place on tables etc, others out in the country, some in drawers or pockets... others in their tubes like Queen Bees :D I'm not a catalogue minded person and getting them all together would be like a major roundup involving machines, men and horses :D

Plus, I'm not much good at group pictures or group activities :)

All I can offer is this shot of the years 06-17 now I've couple of 18s that can be added too.

riDrZ4C.jpg

It's obvious that GECs are greatly enjoyed around here! Fabulous collections at every turn!
Here is a mini-collection of mine: all the 440C stainless 73s from 2007. From left to right they are:

green tea bone, stained green tea bone, chocolate bone, smooth cherry bone, midnight black mycarta, goldenrod mycarta, ivory casein.
EswdGLs.jpg

I took this picture about two years ago (December 2016), when my GEC collection reached 50 knives.

PQ75CIS.jpg

I've parted with a few knives in that photo (a #14, a couple Beer Scouts, the Mudbug), and have added a few, as well (82 was the total when I last counted). I figure I'll get them all out together for another photo when I get to 100. :D
Have to say I've no idea how many I've got;) Some are around the place on tables etc, others out in the country, some in drawers or pockets... others in their tubes like Queen Bees :D I'm not a catalogue minded person and getting them all together would be like a major roundup involving machines, men and horses :D

Plus, I'm not much good at group pictures or group activities :)

All I can offer is this shot of the years 06-17 now I've couple of 18s that can be added too.

riDrZ4C.jpg
It's obvious that GECs are greatly enjoyed around here! Fabulous collections at every turn!
Here is a mini-collection of mine: all the 440C stainless 73s from 2007. From left to right they are:

green tea bone, stained green tea bone, chocolate bone, smooth cherry bone, midnight black mycarta, goldenrod mycarta, ivory casein.
EswdGLs.jpg
Barrett, Will and Jeff, all nice, I enjoy seeing them all:cool: Will, I understand where your coming from. Until the knife rolls arrived they were (and some still are) spread throughout different areas of my house/garage and some (several) are at the shop in strategic locations:thumbsup::)

All the group shots are impressive. From small to large, all the collections are awesome!!!

Single clip TC Barlows, have all but one, sawcut soup bone. Upper left is my EDC that was rehafted by Evan.

TCbarlowsingleclipcollection1.jpg

Single clip SS 15s, blue mammoth is also an Evan rehaft.

GECss15s1.jpg

gecivory1.jpg

conductors.jpg

ancientTCtrio-1.jpg

gec14family-3.jpg

Can you elucidate on the "CC HJ6" on the shield of the 66 in the third picture from the top?

Can you elucidate on the "CC HJ6" on the shield of the 66 in the third picture from the top?

Not real sure what "elucidate" means but I believe you are asking about Charlie Campagna's 6th Harness Jack that he has commissioned, one of three made with Bark Elephant Ivory covers, in about 2012 I believe. I only answered because Chief is not online! :) It is a #66 pattern!

Dave

8y6qKzs.jpg

synthetics and stag row: Nifebrite acrylic 15 Crown Lifter, Hummingbird acrylic 35 Churchill, Maroon micarta 35 Churchill, OD Green micarta 44 Buffalo Jack, Stag 44 Buffalo Jack
bone row: Rust Red 35 Churchill, Cougar Clawed 35 Churchill, Green Banana 35 Churchill, Yellow Rose 35 Churchill, Smooth White 78 American Jack, Appaloosa 78 American Jack
wood row: Snakewood 14 Boy's Knife, Ebony 35 Churchill, Ironwood 77 Barlow, Rosewood 47 Harvester, Bocote 48 Woodcock, Cherry 43 Trapper

Very, very impressive!! Is that row of yellow model 25's? I haven't seen many yellow GEC's (I am a newbie), I think you have the market covered.:D Also, what are you displaying your knives in? Looks extremely nice.
Larry

Thank you! The "Yellow Set" of 25s is from 2008, s/n 02 of only 3 sets, and the only one extant as GEC has (to my knowledge) s/n 01, and I recall set s/n 03 going on the 'bay a while back and it did NOT have the Rodgers Jig knife, which is what makes the set so rare. (only 3 Rodgers Jig knives were produced)

The cases are for Matchbox® cars. Amazon.

I've been pursuing other interests lately, but I do keep an eye out for particular 25 patterns...

Here is my collection after being into this for about 1.5 years. Honestly a little surprised at how small it is given the number of knives that have passed through my hands. There will be some more 14s, 99s, and another 72 before long.

Presented in pattern # order, with my Northwoods at the end.
20181030_085750~2-1005x752.jpg

Thanks John! That was once my favorite GEC, that I owned, but it hasn’t seen any pocket time in the last couple of years. It’s funny how things work out sometimes! Lance
I'm so jealous... That #76 is spectacular!!!

Thanks John! That was once my favorite GEC, that I owned, but it hasn’t seen any pocket time in the last couple of years. It’s funny how things work out sometimes! Lance
I'm not surprised it was one of your favorites. I don't carry my #76 very often, but I still consider it to be the best two-blade Jack that GEC has produced.

Here is my collection after being into this for about 1.5 years. Honestly a little surprised at how small it is given the number of knives that have passed through my hands. There will be some more 14s, 99s, and another 72 before long.

View attachment 1012023

I know the feeling. I’ve had so many come and go, but my collection is pretty small.

View attachment 1012023

Love that BEM 61 and 62.

I don't have a photo of all my GEC's together in 1 spot. But I have a small amount of them, although they are not the heart of my collection.

In my NKCA collection, I have the 2007 GEC jumbo trapper in smooth white bone, and the 2012 GEC dogleg, with handles by Michael Prater / Painted Pony.
I have the muscle bone and the ironwood whalers from 2018.
And I have a group of the Tuna Valley stamped knives made by GEC from 2009-2012. 2009 Scout Trapper in stag. 2010 Cigar Stockman in stag, bone, and wood. 2012 lockback in amber and burnt stag, with and without embellished bolsters. 2012 Cotton Sampler in stag and ebony.

Back