Production Emerson Knives Are Not Show Pieces

the wave feature looks like it would be awkward when the knife is open (like putting your finger on the spine of the knife) w/e though,I don't have any Emersons yet but the Gentleman Jim knife looks cool.

Some models don't have a wave, and some people grind them off.

And truthfully I very seldom, if ever, use the wave to deploy the blade. It's nice to know the feature is there though. Took me a couple tries to figure out how to pull the knife from my pocket and not wave it. YMMV.
:)
- There are times when it can be very convenient. I was doing some kite flying with my kids yesterday and it was really easy to cut tangle strings while holding on to the kite. Although that's not a really tactical situation...

- There are times when it can be very convenient. I was doing some kite flying with my kids yesterday and it was really easy to cut tangle strings while holding on to the kite. Although that's not a really tactical situation...

Obviously you don't have any of those kite eating trees like Charlie Brown has in his neighborhood... You'd have had one heck of a fight on your hands keeping one of those trees from eating your children's kite... you'd been wishing you'd had an UBR Commander or a Super Roadhouse...

:D

Fred

Bought a CQC15 NIB from a dealer for $140. I don't feel ripped, even with the "issues". First EKI since I foolishly sold my CQC11. Only work it needs is to sand down the G10 as when "waving" the knife, it pulls my entire pocket out of my pants with the pocket clip pinching fabric between itself and the G10. The edge on this one seems... different. There seems to have been quite a bit of attention paid to the back side of the chisel edge, and the blade is unbelievably sharp.

Back