• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Professional knife sharpening. 40 years of experience. Knife modifications/Regrinds

I sent my small Sebenza, Ritter Grip, and Paramilitary 2 to Richard, and he did a great job on them. Richard greatly improved upon the factory edges of the Ritter and PM2 especially. He also shipped them back the same day he got them. Thanks again!

I sent Richard a S60 Boker AFD that I picked up for $80. When I say the edge was dull, I mean it wouldn't cut to save a life. I couldn't cut paper, nor was it pointy. The previous owner converted it double edge, with what looked like a brick or paving stone. (Exaggeration) I just received it back and the point is back and the edge is laser sharp. Now just grazing the skin brings blood. From a garden hoe (Literally) to scalpel sharp in under a week, you just can't beat professional experience.

I sent RichardJ my custom Alan Davis knife.

Holy smokes did he do a fantastic job. Beautiful even edge. Absolutely stupendous, should definitely charge more imho.

Thanks Richard was a pleasure talking to you and sharing some good laughs XD

Richard knows how to get er done!

Richard, can you put an edge that can whittle hair yet has 'bite' like Dozier's edges? (to clarify, I can't whittle hair with Doziers but it pops hairs and has a 'bitey' aggresive edge?

If the original edge bevel is 23-25deg per side, can you rebevel it to 15deg per side (or less, say 12deg)?
seen those knifes, before & after, richard worked on them. they are defently sharp now.[ when will you non-belivers figure it out] LOL caution: richard's edge will cut JUST by LOOKING at it!!!!

Oh an i just got a benchmade CQC-970 back from richard and this thing rocks. It is a thick blade and now cuts like a razor.

The blade was actually pretty messed up when i sent it to him. Now it is better than new and the edge has that mirror polish that i like for asthetics.

I plan on sending him more work now.

Oh and what deal I might add. Communication was great and he really discussed sevral options with me on the different things he could have done to this blade.

As if reply 47 is needed... but my knife was in and out in a day as well. For $3.00 how could I go wrong sending off my delica? Super quick communication and great service- thanks!

Thank you Richard for sharpening my blades today. They are far beyond what I've ever known as "sharp".
I used one of them to cut my steak at dinner and was scared of cutting the plate.:D

I just got two of my knives sharpened by Richard(a ZT0200 and a Morris Lil' Profiler), and he did a fantastic job! His communication was great, and even had the knives shipped back to me within a day or so of receiving them!

Thanks Richard!!

Just want to praise Richard for a great job done on my kitchen knives. When I sent them, I was not sure anything could have been done after years of neglect and improper home "sharpening". Richard took care of business beautifully and sent them back to me the same day he got them. Great communication, fast service and absolutely phenomenal results.
Knives are much sharper then new now.
Thanks Richard

Just want to say thanks Richard, the RC4 and the Howler are amazingly sharp and the obtuse grind on the Howler was corrected. You are truly skilled and one that I would and will highly recommend. I also appreciate the time you devoted in sharing pointers with me, you are certainly an asset to this forum. Looking forward to sending you more blades in the near future!

Sent my zt 0301 to Richard for a regrind so that it could be sharpened on a sharpmaker in the future.
Contacting him was easy and he sharpened and returned the knife very quickly. Now I have a crazy sharp knife that is ground perfectly for any future sharpening I may need to do :D.

Many thanks again to Richard for such great service:thumbup::thumbup:

I just got a couple Spyderco knives back from Richard after he made a pretty good offer to sharpen them so I could see what the paper wheels will do. I sent him a Gayle Bradley and a Manix2 and they came back extremely sharp. I have an edge pro apex and have sharpened knives up to a full mirror polish on it. These two knives sharpened at 120grit and then stropped on his slotted wheel are just as sharp or I should probably say that they are sharper than the ones I've done on the edge pro and it only took him a few minutes per knife to sharpen. It would have taken me that long to just get the edge pro set up. I'm a beginnner sharpener so I'm sure the edge pro can produce better edges that I can right now, but I think the paper wheels will probably rival even the finest edges that the edge pro can produce and do it much faster. When I am able I'm going to get set up a grinder with the paper wheels, so I have a way of getting great edges quickly. I'll keep the edge pro for sure tho its still a great sharpening device too.

I have been in the Marine Corps Infantry for the last 5 years. Richard J just put a nice convex edge on a couple of my knives for me and they are the sharpest knives I have ever seen. One is a Strider Model SA with S30V and the other is the Ontario Ranger RD9 with 5160. I have already used them in the field and they have completely surpassed my expectations. I will definitely be using his services again in the future and will be recommending him to all my buddy's. Thanks Richard!

Rchard, This knife would almost completed out of a old Chevy leafspring. It was made by a friend of mine retired from the Airforce. He passed away before finishing it. I have it now. Do you think you could finish it?

Rickleaf spring 1.jpgleaf spring 4.jpg

Richard did some work for me. He is vary competent, very professional and lightening quick-highly recommended

Back