Prune Big, or Go Home!

Nice "bring over" with Mikes stunning Knife Charlie! Gorgeous example!

Charlie, nice heavy Duty example of hard-work English Cutlery! What a Beauty!

Sir- yes, I am sure purchased a G Butler Knife with that Art Stamp, ..........

AaaaHa!!! found it, I recently was lucky enough to buy from a collection a totally unused example of a G Butler Lambsfoot, I cannot disclose the amount of such a high-end purchase, but I will share this pristine example with my fellow collectors.
G Butler Tang Stamped on Mark side, Pile side the Art Stamp - for give terrible photo's- but it is there Charlie!

sxBSX6I.jpg

s2FIEdf.jpg

ART shows up in mysterious places!!:D
Thanks, Duncan!!:thumbsup:
Anyone else??:p

Geo. Butler, with synthetic stag handles that weigh a TON!! GB&Co embossed in those handles! Great blade stamp (if you ignore the pitting!!:rolleyes:)
Massive, Snappy knife!! Anyone seen the ART tang stamp before??View attachment 1370624 View attachment 1370625 View attachment 1370626 View attachment 1370627 View attachment 1370628

Looks great Charlie :thumbsup: I have several examples of the ART tang stamp, but not on Pruners, here's a stamp on the Sheepsfoot blade of a George Butler Rase Knife :thumbsup:

nOJAETc.jpg

xEfW5mV.jpg

Sir- yes, I am sure purchased a G Butler Knife with that Art Stamp, ..........

AaaaHa!!! found it, I recently was lucky enough to buy from a collection a totally unused example of a G Butler Lambsfoot, I cannot disclose the amount of such a high-end purchase, but I will share this pristine example with my fellow collectors.
G Butler Tang Stamped on Mark side, Pile side the Art Stamp - for give terrible photo's- but it is there Charlie!

sxBSX6I.jpg

s2FIEdf.jpg

I like it Duncan :) :thumbsup:

Looks great Charlie :thumbsup: I have several examples of the ART tang stamp, but not on Pruners, here's a stamp on the Sheepsfoot blade of a George Butler Rase Knife :thumbsup:

nOJAETc.jpg

xEfW5mV.jpg

I like it Duncan :) :thumbsup:

lol Thanks Jack! Hey that G Butler example is Stellar! I remember you showing that one before I am sure - thats
one outstanding Knife!! LOVE it to bits!!:thumbsup:

lol Thanks Jack! Hey that G Butler example is Stellar! I remember you showing that one before I am sure - thats
one outstanding Knife!! LOVE it to bits!!:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot mate, I have shown it before :) :thumbsup:

Added a couple big ones this week, a Joseph Rodgers&Sons with scratted bone handles and a New York Knife Co with an early tang stamp and I'mm pretty sure horn handles which I have not seen on a NYK before. The Rodgers is not marked England so pre 1891 maybe.

View attachment 1380185 View attachment 1380186 View attachment 1380187 View attachment 1380188 View attachment 1380189 View attachment 1380190

Congratulations! :cool: Both nice, but that Rodgers is a treasure :thumbsup:

Thanks for the "ART" marks Campbellclanman Campbellclanman and Jack Black Jack Black !!!:thumbsup:
A couple of beautiful Pruners, Augie Augie !!:) The NYK is a nice example !!
I think your age for that Rodgers is about right! Bernie Levine thought Scratting went out of favor about that time (1897)ScrattedHawk1.jpg ScrattedHawk2.jpg ScrattedHawk5.jpg ScrattedHawk6.jpg , but someone (?) found this knife in a 1911 catalog - a later example of yours with the "England" mark! - - - - - Hmmm?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the "ART" marks Campbellclanman Campbellclanman and Jack Black Jack Black !!!:thumbsup:
A couple of beautiful Pruners, Augie Augie !!:) The NYK is a nice example !!
I think your age for that Rodgers is about right! Bernie Levine thought Scratting went out of favor about that time (1897)View attachment 1380235 View attachment 1380236 View attachment 1380238 View attachment 1380239 , but someone (?) found this knife in a 1911 catalog - a later example of yours with the "England" mark! - - - - - Hmmm?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Charlie, your Joseph Rodgers is a stellar example. Do you recall ever seeing a NYK with horn handles, I know horn was used some late 1800's, early 1900's but I don't recall seeing a NYK example.

I just looked through my Pruners, John. No horn handles on NYKs!!
I don't recall one either!! Could be very rare!!??:rolleyes:;)

but someone (?) found this knife in a 1911 catalog - a later example of yours with the "England" mark! - - - - - Hmmm?:rolleyes:

'Hmmm' indeed ;) :thumbsup:

Would love to see some rare butt cap pruners anyone?

Sorry, these are real quick pics, I may even have a couple more. Saynor, Cooke & Ridal, Southern & Richardson, Hibbert & Son, a a couple of A.Wright's from a few years ago :thumbsup:

Doa6cTB.jpg

Doa6cTB.jpg

I just looked through my Pruners, John. No horn handles on NYKs!!
I don't recall one either!! Could be very rare!!??:rolleyes:;)

Maybe, it may just be highly polished wood from use and skin oils, when Donna first looked at it she asked if it was horn.

'Hmmm' indeed ;) :thumbsup:

Sorry, these are real quick pics, I may even have a couple more. Saynor, Cooke & Ridal, Southern & Richardson, Hibbert & Son, a a couple of A.Wright's from a few years ago :thumbsup:

Doa6cTB.jpg

Doa6cTB.jpg
Nice knives those old knives are nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Back