Photos Pure Aesthetics!

It was hard FW. Since everyone is telling everyone else what their favorites are, I'll chip in. Chief Chief John your GEC 15 in ivory? Is gorgeous. And of course Gary @Peregrin has to post the Halfrich Rounder.
Can we get a "I like them all" button for this t.hread.

joeradza joeradza thanks, was hard to leave that one off, especially since the covers match so well. Since you brought it up … love the black and white contrast.

gecstainless15pair1.jpg

gecstainless15pair2.jpg

I've got to go with Jeff on the Red Stag #72 Northfield Mini Hunter. Everything just falls into place - pop-corn covers colored just right in combination with the blade swege and long pull, and ringed bolster.
n6PScjV.jpg

Then there's this Burnt Stag covered #33 Conductor. Very nice pop-corn stag along with a long pull and again ringed bolsters set off by the integrated bail.
DXZiBQC.jpg

One of my favorites is this #54 Northfield Whittler with Orange Perylic covers. Another long pull with slanted, ringed, pinched bolsters. Very deep coloring in the covers.
xVPLeCV.jpg

Then there's this Burnt Stag covered #33 Conductor.
Ed that conductor is simply stunning. The stag is perfect and the shield inlay is just right. The symmetry of this pattern is so elegant. It just drips with class. Add a bail with threaded bolsters --- PINCHED!!! I'm telling you we need another run of these ladies.

Man, I guess I have too many knives. I keep forgetting about some of my favorites. Acrylic yes, when they looked like this! Executive Whittler, 1 of only 8 made in 2010 and no SN. Pinched and threaded bolsters.

Attachments

• 83516357-105F-48BA-9C5E-7398DFDCEE04.jpeg
    83516357-105F-48BA-9C5E-7398DFDCEE04.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 15
  • BD0DA996-1FCB-4223-B6DC-88A53E58C1D2.jpeg
    BD0DA996-1FCB-4223-B6DC-88A53E58C1D2.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute!!! This thread can't go on without including this epitome of elegance - a Shur-Edge Robeson Toothpick with very nice jigging. The label on the original box that this knife came in calls the covers Boker Bone. The knife was made by Queen.
aYjFioK.jpg

8vElqJa.jpg

Man, oh man, I go to pick up my wife at the airport and this thread took off! Yeah, pickin' three is hard. Except for my number one, the red stag #72, I could have a different 2 and 3 by tomorrow! Alan, your Amherst would definitely be in my top three, were I fortunate enough to own it, and John, what can I say!? The ladder Damascus Brewer WT is completely off the hook! Since we are in this for the eye candy, here is another favorite of mine.

Mid 1970s Germany made Winchester Gunstock Jack 1 of 1000. A little hard to see, but the blade etch is two colors, with the leafy border in gold. And just look at that jigging!
6sxsDQi.jpg

tFlE6o7.jpg

This is a difficult question! Plus, some are more photogenic, while others are nicer in person. And I claim the right to change my mind in the morning.

Northwoods Moose English Jack (center) because I love the uniqueness of the Moose and the English Jack:

GEC 89 Elk because the 89 model is so sleek and I love Elk (one of the reasons I am so stoked for the BF 2018 knife!):

My Buck 305 Lancer user because there is nothing more beautiful than a knife with some honest dings and wear:

Last edited:
That Winchester gunstock is a real beauty, Jeff!!
Man, oh man, I go to pick up my wife at the airport and this thread took off! Yeah, pickin' three is hard. Except for my number one, the red stag #72, I could have a different 2 and 3 by tomorrow! Alan, your Amherst would definitely be in my top three, were I fortunate enough to own it, and John, what can I say!? The ladder Damascus Brewer WT is completely off the hook! Since we are in this for the eye candy, here is another favorite of mine.

Mid 1970s Germany made Winchester Gunstock Jack 1 of 1000. A little hard to see, but the blade etch is two colors, with the leafy border in gold. And just look at that jigging!
6sxsDQi.jpg

tFlE6o7.jpg

Jeff, great thread idea, I'm seeing some truly gorgeous knives! Choosing only three as my "most visually appealing" is extremely difficult, it leaves out too many splendid knives that only minutes from now I'll be wishing could have been included, but here goes...

Case has excellent jigging and often outstanding color so I'm picking two of their patterns that also have appealing blade and handle designs...

The Case Sowbelly (bone color modified by yours truly)
XJuWuO1.jpg

and the...

Case Swayback Jack (chestnut bone)
Mf0y3Qi.jpg

a final selection for this post, just because it's soooooo good lookin' :) ...

Northfield's Forest Jack (mammoth ivory)
6hcoX9k.jpg

Honorable mention goes to the Churchill along with GEC's 15s, 68s, 74s, 77s... and so many other fantastic knives they could not practically be listed here.
HZSLxqK.jpg

Back