Photos Pure Aesthetics!

Sawcut and greenbone push my buttons
CREN4sB.jpg

KXQPyb5.jpg

Purdy knives, Mike!
I guess I need to show this even though it took me shooting over 50 shots before getting a measly 4 worth showing. BLMOP IS HARD TO SHOOT!!!
That said, this knife is special to me. So much color and unique style of construction. BG42 steel! Who would put a swedge on a pen blade? DB!
Queen made, Dan Burke English Jack in BLMOP.

Is that knife as nice as it looks Perry? I wish I had the sense to pick up one of those back when they were more readily available. Carved MOP, BG-42 blades, it looks as well made as anything Case and Bose has put out.

Many thanks, Charles, I was hoping to see the Innocent in this thread, it is just spectacular!

Neat topic idea with some beautiful knives shown. Interesting to see the wide variety of examples and tastes from everyone.
Going by pure visual appeal, this example is fairly unique.
Enclosed is a carved pearl Boker gentleman's knife in the form of a laying dog. Boker offered this model from the late 1800s to around 1908.
Some amazing talent went into creating this old multi-blade folder which also has a nickel silver dog collar.
At the time, this pearl Boker dog model model sold for twice that of a Wostenholm multi-blade horseman's model.

View attachment 945784

Yeah, it really is, Kama! Every time I take it out to CF it, it reminds me of top quality in every way. Thanks

Doesn’t look bad to me and just looks like it could be a natural wear pattern from 50 years or so of hard work you didn’t have to do :D
It could be the Ancient #44 ..

Is that knife as nice as it looks Perry? I wish I had the sense to pick up one of those back when they were more readily available. Carved MOP, BG-42 blades, it looks as well made as anything Case and Bose has put out.

Based entirely on visual appeal, whether for color, jigging, character, proportion, whatever, and having nothing at all to do with usefulness or cutting ability, please post pictures of your three most beautiful knives. And if you can, please tell us why it is so appealing.

My number one always has been and always will be this red stag Northfield #72 Mini-Hunter.
F4fMtyY.jpg

ik0xkG4.jpg

The color, character and texture of the stag covers is matched by the perfect proportions of the long pull, cut-swedged clip blade. And for the final topping, the triple threaded bolster sets everything off to a T. The very first time I saw this knife I was smitten by the beauty of the pattern, and the red stag is the ultimate of the pattern in my eyes.

Number two for me is this S&M File & Wire Daddy Barlow. I like "bling" on a knife, and this one has it in spades: from the beautifully deep-jigged wormgroove bone to the stamped and Washington bolsters and the etched blades, there is so much of interest here. The wonderfully pointy big spear blade is just spectacular!
WCDXGEr.jpg

For number three I chose this Tree Brand Classic Stockman from the mid 1970s. Even without fancy bolsters, this is still a busy knife with its double shields. The bone color and jigging is hands down the BEST I've ever seen, and the reverse frost etch and trapezoidal long pull balance the beauty of the bone.
AOmxoZV.jpg

zB7IfRO.jpg

Come on now, jump right in with both pictures and commentary. Old, new, foreign or domestics, let's see those "wow" knives!

I've got to go with Jeff on the Red Stag #72 Northfield Mini Hunter. Everything just falls into place - pop-corn covers colored just right in combination with the blade swege and long pull, and ringed bolster.
n6PScjV.jpg

Then there's this Burnt Stag covered #33 Conductor. Very nice pop-corn stag along with a long pull and again ringed bolsters set off by the integrated bail.
DXZiBQC.jpg

One of my favorites is this #54 Northfield Whittler with Orange Perylic covers. Another long pull with slanted, ringed, pinched bolsters. Very deep coloring in the covers.
xVPLeCV.jpg

Jeff and Ed, gorgeous group of knives but the 72 red stags steal the show for me. Any chance you might share details on their origins? Are there many other ones out there in the wild? I definitely have my radar on now.

Back