Attention Q and A re: the BF Spring Street Barlow!! Read carefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND....right...seeing as how we are living in an age of rampant conspiracy theories.....Im ramping it up Schloss von Porchenstein style...any body else get the feeling this lightning strike release of ordering has an ulterior motive?......centurion, the watering can please.

I say it every year...
But we should have Victorinox Cadets, in their yearly exclusive color, and have it engraved on the cover "The Porch 2022"... Done!

I’d be first in line. Love the wee cadet. Color would have to be anything but pink.

Yeah, anything but pink! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Am I being paranoid but did the 2021 Porch knife bloat a thon start back when someone spread the good news on facebook? .....gotta say that wasn't the Porchiest thing Ive ever heard of....seems to have opened the porchcullis at a time when it should be shut....
Should be shot at dawn! 🤯

I actually wondered off The Porch a little last night :)eek:), and ended up reading a thread in W & C about this process, which was a good read :) One post made me laugh so much that I must have read it 10 times :D :) :thumbsup:

Am I being paranoid but did the 2021 Porch knife bloat a thon start back when someone spread the good news on facebook? .....gotta say that wasn't the Porchiest thing Ive ever heard of....seems to have opened the porchcullis at a time when it should be shut....

I'm sure it didnt help. There were also a bunch of porch members on there in threads actively talking about the buying procedure which I'm sure also did not help. I can't find it but there were certainly people talking about boosting their post count that day to meet the requirements.

Facebook is sadly now just a part of life that affects everything.

I'm sure it didnt help. There were also a bunch of porch members on there in threads actively talking about the buying procedure which I'm sure also did not help. I can't find it but there were certainly people talking about boosting their post count that day to meet the requirements.

Facebook is sadly now just a part of life that affects everything.
That's pretty disgusting :( I'm glad Facebook isn't part of my life :thumbsup:

Rambling.?..so my clever and precisely worded label which in 215 words has to accurately describe the knife, a history of its development and acknowledgements of those who played crucial roles in its accomplishment...whilst maintaining a rambunctiously witty and light hearted theme....is mere rambling is it?
Thank you so much😜😂😂😂😂👍...oh and btw keep an eye out for my latest book ..The Ramblings of Chairman Meako....available in all good bookstores and online and as long winded podcast...

Oh Yair?cmere n say that...
Make me.
Yaiir..?
Yaaaiiir.

We need the drama...its a big part the annual bf knife....the drama is the fire in which our ideas are forged....that plus the Swiss are very precise and not dramatic enough for this rowdy band of vagabonds....Id be all for a Porch SAK ...alox scales ...but on one condition....to increase its drama potential..a live Funnel Web spider in each tube...
I mean...I'D buy it!! :D

That's pretty disgusting :( I'm glad Facebook isn't part of my life :thumbsup:
Thankfully I am one of those who affects facebook worse than it affects me...if I so choose.
I mean...I'D buy it!! :D
Psst no need mate....most of it is on here...but dont tell anyone...actually I wish I could conglomerate the entire ramblings and bs stories of Chmn Meako from over the years....just for my own sick amusement ...

Let's get back on topic here. What type of tasks (if you decide to use this knife) will it be carried for?

How will you patina it, Forced or earned?
For me, I'll carry mine in a nice slip and keep it pristine. Opening packages and envelopes here and there, that's about it. I've got a few Traditionals I've used for food prep and such and have allowed awesome patinas to develop, but most of my Trads, I like to keep clean and new looking.

I personally think the level of drama was exacerbated by "too many cooks in the kitchen"......... Kind of like the horse designed by a committee ends up being a Zebra...... Barry and Charlie are Septuagenarians and as such have the management experience to handle the project....... Additionally there are moderators who's responsibility is to maintain adherence to the Forum rules.... And I'm sure if Barry or Charlie had needed help they would have said so....

It seemed that no one was content to let the people in charge of "running the project" "run the project"......

Keep the politics out of here, please!
For those new to posting in this sub-forum, please read the guidelines.

I personally think the level of drama was exacerbated by "too many cooks in the kitchen"......... Kind of like the horse designed by a committee ends up being a Zebra...... Barry and Charlie are Septuagenarians and as such have the management experience to handle the project....... Additionally there are moderators who's responsibility is to maintain adherence to the Forum rules.... And I'm sure if Barry or Charlie had needed help they would have said so....

It seemed that no one was content to let the people in charge of "running the project" "run the project"......
Zebras are beautiful.

Sorry if this has been answered, I haven't read all the way back.

If I have a Paypal receipt but no emails from Gunstock Jack, do I just wait, or do I need to contact GSJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back