• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Quartermaster Knives has explaining to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Mama

Gold Member
I've held off, but I'm getting more upset the more I find out about Quartermaster. It's becoming clear they are the new Mantis, and the proof is mounting. Can we have discussion about the concerns?:

1. Jared West, come on, it's proven, he's working at a top level of the company.
2. Copy of Warren Thomas designs-well documented
3. The "ORB Pivot System" also appears to be a copy of the ikbs bearing system.
4. What is their phone number? I've searched and searched, but I'm sure they don't want calls.

Disclaimer, I have none of their blades, nor would I ever buy one. But I'm starting to see a bad pattern here, and want to flush out any other concerns that others have.

I'm pretty sure they have direct collaborations with warren thomas, they did at mantis, not stealing his designs.

I'm pretty sure they have direct collaborations with warren thomas, they did at mantis, not stealing his designs.

They did steal his designs. The only licensed knife between Mantis and WT was the coin knife. Of which he hasn't received his promised royalties. Quartermaster has blatantly copied his 2.5 folder, friction folder, and M19 folder, to name a few. I'm sure more are to come unless more people are educated about their business practices.

Most certainly unethical behavior. De does not seem to be making much difference in interest in their brand, as on instagram their posts routinely get 1,500+ likes when they post. No one there calls them out for the theft, and if they did the comments would probably just be removed.

There is a wide divide between knife "fans" on instagram and people who routinely come to places such as bladeforums where dissenting opinions exist. If you are really out to get Quartermaster, then you need to find a way to bridge that divide.

I think the negative opinion on the brand here is already decided.

Most certainly unethical behavior. De does not seem to be making much difference in interest in their brand, as on instagram their posts routinely get 1,500+ likes when they post. No one there calls them out for the theft, and if they did the comments would probably just be removed.

There is a wide divide between knife "fans" on instagram and people who routinely come to places such as bladeforums where dissenting opinions exist. If you are really out to get Quartermaster, then you need to find a way to bridge that divide.

I think the negative opinion on the brand here is already decided.

I'm not necessarily out to get a company, I'm just pissed we are not getting a full picture though. Seriously, anyone have a phone number for them? Can't find one at all on their site, or any others.

Alternatively you could contact their contractor.
http://www.wayeahknife.com/index.asp

Wayeah Knives & Tools Co., Ltd.
Add:4th Yongxing Road, Yangdong Industrial Park, Yangjiang, Guangdong, China.
Tel:+86-662-3179494
Fax:+86-662-3179495
Attn:Mr. Joe Cheung
Mobile:+86 - 137 2563 5090
E-mail :sales@wayeahknife.com
Zip:529500
MSN: wayeahknife@msn.com

Damn, fellas. Just pay for my gas and I'll make the drive up to ATX and report back with what I find :D

I think you're just driving to some random person's house, which is what's pictured at the address

I think you're just driving to some random person's house, which is what's pictured at the address

Then I'll grill them about Quartermaster! It will be like when Newman was interrogating Seinfeld at the post office!

Ah damn. Just received a QTRMSTR as partial trade. Seemed interesting design as well as others I researched after receiving. Had no idea of some of these dealing/practices...or the local sentiment..

Dont think Ill be able to purchase some of the later designs I thought looked interesting.

Is anyone able to confirm if there's actually a factory in Texas? Or any American employees? I was sort of interested in some of the QTR designs (even if they are a bit wacky) but I keep hearing more bad press that suggests not bothering...

http://www.bizapedia.com/ca/COPIOUSITY-LLC.html

Copiousity LLC is a California Foreign Limited-Liability Company filed on October 20, 2010. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 201029410280.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Jared West and is located at #69-6401 E Nohl Ranch Rd Anaheim Hills, CA 92807. The company's principal address is #69-6401 E Nohl Ranch Rd Anaheim Hills, CA 92807 and its mailing address is #69-6401 E Nohl Ranch Rd Anaheim Hills, CA 92807.

The company has 1 principal on record. The principal is Jared West from Anaheim Hills CA.

Business Registration | California (Foreign State)

California Secretary of State Data updated May 6, 2014
Business Details
Business Name: COPIOUSITY LLCSee Business Report
Citizenship: Foreign
State of Incorporation: DE
Business Type: Limited Liability Company
Mailing Address: #69-6401 E NOHL RANCH RD
ANAHEIM HILLS, CA 92807
Secretary of State ID: 201029410280
Incorporation Date: 10/20/2010
Business Description: CONSULTING

Status