Quintessential GEC?

With this strange year coming to an end and my last GEC arriving for the year I am pondering what is the one one pattern that defines GEC. What pattern when you hear it's name/model number brings "GEC" to mind? If the GEC logo were to be a knife which one would it be? Is it the Viper, probably the most sought after model I have seen since starting my collection 2 years ago? The #85? The #15 Scout knives?

4O3AFIjh.jpg

When I first ventured onto the Porch, the 15 was all the rage, particularly the single Clip blade version - major pluses if it was a TC as well.

I will never not think of the #15 pattern when GEC comes up. Though it is not my favorite GEC pattern, it is still a very popular model and one that I would deem quintessential, iconic even.

79SWqVM.jpg

#15. I have to believe this pattern has been their biggest seller. Also, it seems to have had an impact on the industry as other manufacturers seem to have subsequently released similar offerings or dusting off long gone patterns based upon GEC's success with the pattern.

For me, the 85 Harness Jack.
View attachment 1482596
(please feel free to disagree with, and ridicule my choice, if you so desire.)
Certainly not going to ridicule your choice, in fact I think I'll join you in declaring another outlier the one I think of first. MY first GEC and the one that turned me on to their quality and thusly the one I think of is the humble Bullnose.
GobQ4Nn.jpg

This particular knife is cherished by me by being both my first GEC and my first experience with the legendary Porch generosity :cool::thumbsup:

It’s tough to choose between the #73 and the #15. The beer scout and the #15 barlow are hard to separate. Those are the knives that spring to mind for GEC as a manufacturer.

Behind 1st and 2nd it gets hard to pick a pattern but the #25 should get a mention and last year’s forum knife was a great success.

WMA9eWL.jpg

Back