R.I.P my best buddy. :*(

My condolences....and why did i have to click in here, can't stop the tears :( Had to do the same some years back.

I feel for you. Sorry for your loss. I've lost a couple myself over the years. It's tough.

Sorry for your loss. I hate it. We had to put our oldest four legged child down this summer. It is never easy even when you know they are suffering and it is for the best. You will wonder if you did the right thing, and the answer is yes.

Sorry for your loss, I've been there myself. As soon as i read this the tears started, had to put my rottie of 16yrs down, feels like not all that long ago. Hang in there, it's never easy. My condolences.

Really sure to hear about that man. Keep him close in your memories.

Can't replace 'em, but you can help another one out by giving it a home.
Hope you cheer up, bro. Hate that situation every time, but it never stops me from getting right back into it.

They are all different, so of course you can never replace one, But Inspectre Gadget makes a good point. Might be the best possible tribute to a great friend.
Ive had to put down a dog myself, and Ive seen others in my family go through it too. It is never a good feeling, but when its the right thing to do, it is simply the right thing to do.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my yellow lab over a year ago and I still think about him a lot. He was my best friend too. In time you will be ready for another dog but take time to heal first. I rescued one a year before my lab past and he had a little buddy. The little buddy mourned and didn't eat either like I did and what you are going through now. Now I rescued another one. It helps if you have two when one passes at least for me. Look into a rescue dog when you are ready as nothing makes you feel better than knowing you rescued one. They know it too.

sorry to hear that,i know youre pain.i still miss my first dog.we had to put her down when I was 17,im now 47 and it still gets to me when I think about it.
hang in there and remember the good times..

The measure of a man is how he cares for those who cannot speak for themselves.

Sorry for your loss-

Very sorry to hear that!
Just try and think of all the good times you two shared.

Sorry for your loss brother. It hurts so much because we love them so much. Dogs really have a way of making our lives better. You show them the smallest amount of love and they give everything they have to you. It's a hard thing to do, but remember the good times and know that you did the right thing.

Only time will help you heal. At least you know he loved you, as much as you loved him. He knew you were going to miss him. He wanted to show you he would always be at your side this life or the next.

We're very sorry for your loss. We've been there too many times over the last 65 years. Every one of 'em has taken a piece of me with 'em. I still dream about dogs from 40 & 50 years ago. If you're like me, you'll always wonder if it was the "right" thing to do or the "right" time. All I can tell you is that if you love someone, you make the best decision you can at the time given the setting and the information you have.

Time won't "heal" this... but over time, you'll learn to live with both the memories and the loss. Don't forget him... and don't hesitate to adopt again when the time is right. If you're a dog guy, you'll never be 100% without a dog in your life.

my condolences. not an easy thing to do. I've had to go through this twice, it's never easy but it's the humane thing. We are here for you.

My condolences. Put my girl down almost 10 yrs ago and the thought of it still one of the few that can bring a tear to my eye. There it goes. With ya bro, love the critters. Cheers
Eric

Sorry to hear it is very hard to lose a loved one.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'd like to say it gets easier, but I just don't know. It's been just over a month since I had to let my best friend ever pass on. And after a month, it still feels like I've lost a part of me. We've already gotten another Rottweiler puppy, and even though he brings a lot of joy, and we are already good friends, the pain hasn't even weakened. And in some ways I don't want it to. I almost feel to let the pain weaken is to dishonor his memory.

Losing your dog is bad. It's real bad. I'm changed, and it isn't an improvement. I hope you will be able to let your pain go.

Back