R.I.P my best buddy. :*(

Had to put my dog down today. He was my best friend and I'm totally at a loss of what to do now. I can't stop thinking about him. I can't sleep and he was tough right up til the end he wouldn't go to sleep it took 3 times the normal dose and he still wouldn't go..which made it even harder he kept trying to get up to be next to me. I feel so horrible and I don't know if it was the right thing to do. I'm sorry I know this isn't the right place for this but I just didn't know what else to do.

God Bless buddy, time heals all wounds , like others said just remember the good times, If your best bud was suffering or in pain you did the right thing, no matter how hard it is. I have a yellow lab that is about to turn 15 and I know the day is coming when I won't have him anymore, and just the thought of that literally brings me to tears, he's part of my family and he has helped me through so much I really feel like God gave me that dog to help me cope with some things in my life. I will not let him suffer though, as he has never hurt me I will never hurt him or let him be in pain, If he starts to get to where he is suffering I will make the same decision you did. That is the hardest thing about pets, and even though I have another dog and a cat no other will ever replace my lab, he's truly a gift from God and I just try to love him as much as I can and give him the best life I can while he's here, If you did that then have no regrets my friend. I really believe 100% in my heart that I will see my pets again one day, back in June we got a little Pup, well we rescued her really she was at a flea market in this Alabama heat with no water , etc. So I told the guy to give me the dog, along with some choice words as to how he could keep a pup in a cage in the summer with no shade or water, he was trying to sell her , but I told him what he was doing was animal cruelty and he could give me the dog, or I could call the police and let them decide if what he was doing was animal cruelty or not, I took her home and she was the sweetest little pup, but after 3-4 days she got sick, we took her to the vet and they said she had a parasite, they gave her a shot and said shell be ok, well she got worse , so we took her back and from experience with rottweilers I knew the pup had parvo, we took her back and she fought hard for a week, they vet actually said o.k. she can come home tomorrow, so I call the next morning and she had passed away, That was rough on me, and it hurts to think about , because of the way I found her , I don't want to think what she went through before I ended up with her. It did result in my returning to the flea market and seeing the guy with more pups and I gave him another piece of my mind and along with some other things, needless to say guy left, and I went back to the flea market weekly and he hasn't been back, I gave the police his info, and hopefully this scumbag stopped doing ehat he was doing , or maybe the cops got him, I'm happy either way...

Last edited:
My girl passed August 20th. I'm sorry for your loss! If you're anything like me, I prefer the company of animals to that of people any day! As with anything, this too shall pass. You'll always miss your friend, but they're always with you, in your heart. Whatever you do, if someone sends you that damned "rainbow bridge" poem, do yourself a favor & don't read it for at least 2 weeks.

Thank you for all your kind words..ive been having a very rough few weeks and this was just the worst thing that could top it off. I will attempt putting up pics when i can..thank you all for your support.

I miss my buddy Murf more than I can ever explain. The most loyal companion I've ever even heard of. My shadow, my best friend. Murf had to be taken by me, and me alone. Any other way wouldn't have been best for him. It's the most terrible thing I've ever had to do. But it was best for him. Several months later, I realized that since he was a rescue, and it was apparent that he recognized it, that it was a good idea to rescue another. He would have approved. He will never be replaced, but a chance has been given to another to have a good life. They deserve it.

Miss your pup with all you are, and never stop missing it. They are not replaceable, but know that others may need your help to be the dogs that they need to be................

I am sorry for your loss. Find comfort in the many good times you had together, and know that you did the right thing. Take good care of yourself.

Back