Raiders of the lost SNARK ! CHAT THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012-04-29_19-29-59_310.jpg

Only the hardcore cut their birthday cake with a Machax, and then wash it down with a beer!

Happy Birthday, Murph.

''That's what''
-SHE

saw this today on a tshirt...I found it clever & funny. YMMV

Nothin funnier then ''thats (or Not) what she said!'' jokes!

Happy Birthday Murf! Belatedly and such.

Don't worry, Murph. Body parts don't start falling off till you're 40.

trade, unfortunately, that pic was taken in November. I've just slipped the damn thing into a pocket or pack somewhere. It'll turn up when I least expect it.

Mornin' folks. Happy birthday Murph

Anyone else have a work sharp? I picked on up on Friday and played with it a bit, but didn't really like it. When I got home from work a bit ago, I figured I would give it another shot. I took of the stupid guide and set it up on my counter and grabbed a crappy kitchen knife that would barely cut a cherry tomato and went at it with the 220 grit belt. All I can say is that I think I'm now in love!! I spent maybe two minutes on it and had a nice convex edge that glides through a tomato and goes right through newspaper too. I was so happy with it that I grabbed my bk2 and in a couple minutes it would do the same as the kitchen knife, but even better!! The bk2 will even shave a few arm hairs. I think this thing is now a keeper.

Anyone else have a work sharp? I picked on up on Friday and played with it a bit, but didn't really like it. When I got home from work a bit ago, I figured I would give it another shot. I took of the stupid guide and set it up on my counter and grabbed a crappy kitchen knife that would barely cut a cherry tomato and went at it with the 220 grit belt. All I can say is that I think I'm now in love!! I spent maybe two minutes on it and had a nice convex edge that glides through a tomato and goes right through newspaper too. I was so happy with it that I grabbed my bk2 and in a couple minutes it would do the same as the kitchen knife, but even better!! The bk2 will even shave a few arm hairs. I think this thing is now a keeper.

They sell them at a local Army/Navy. Been thinking about getting one.

They sell them at a local Army/Navy. Been thinking about getting one.

I kept reading about them and everyone really seemed to like them, but I was hesitant to buy more sharpening equipment beings I already have an edge pro. Then another knife guy that I talk to at on of the post offices I haul in/out of was telling me about the one he got and how great it was. I think that was two or three months ago. I keep asking him how he likes it and he keeps saying its great, so when I was out of town Friday, I wanted to check out a place that had some knives on clearance and they had them for sale. I said what the heck and grabbed it and am very happy I did. I'd definitely suggest trying one out.

If you were sinking in quicksand while ants were eating your face, GB could say something to ruin it. I so envy that ability.

I'm trying to think of a line that would suffice.

"Bad hair day, huh?"
"Can I ask your wife out?"
"Looks like rain."

That's all I've got. I'm not a dark-cloud savant.

Happy Birthday Murph, you old bastard. Look's like you have more wrinkles than an elephant's scrotum.

Last edited:
Bought some BK16 micarta scales from saintcutlery last week and the auction site said estimated delivery date 5/9-5/10. For those of you who've ordered from him before, is this usually pretty accurate (2 weeks)?

I was hoping to receive them sooner since I've bought things on that site before and the estimated delivery date for buy-it-now auctions seem to err on the late end of the spectrum. I've got no need for them sooner, only impatience....

Happy Birthday! I hope you washed the tree off that 'chax before cutting that cake!

Happy Birthday! I hope you washed the tree off that 'chax before cutting that cake!

Thanks man, I did. I normally wouldn't if it were something I'd be cutting for myself, but others get squimish. We had discussed chopping at it hard and at the last minute turning the blade so as to do a kind of belly buster with it. My mom and grandma quickly nixed that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back