Random Thought Thread

One day at work a fews years ago it was really slow. I went next door to a store and got a cup of coffee and grabbed a handful of creamer, sugar, and various additives. This lemon packet situation came with it.
I figured I’d give it a shot. Because why not?
Timmy. Don't do it, man.
From one Dan to another. Trust me. Don’t do it.
🙏🤝51AC7712-721C-4830-AD21-59412DD3CB1F.jpeg

One day at work a fews years ago it was really slow. I went next door to a store and got a cup of coffee and grabbed a handful of creamer, sugar, and various additives. This lemon packet situation came with it.
I figured I’d give it a shot. Because why not?
Timmy. Don't do it, man.
From one Dan to another. Trust me. Don’t do it.
🙏🤝View attachment 1735822
You KNOW that curiosity will get the better of me right?

I'm sorry. I choose to hear your warning and not heed it.

I take full responsibility for the result.

ESPN just published its list of the Top 100 baseball players of "all time, based in part on career metrics and the "vote" of some of its writers/editors.

Mays is 2nd to the Babe but 5 spots above Mantle which is as it should be.

Bonds is 8th right behind Mantle? Not based on stats.

Clemens 17th behind Pedro Martinez and Walter Johnson but ahead of Cy Young, Tom Seaver, Randy Johnson and Christy Matthewson, Sandy Koufax and Bob Gibson. IDK about that either.

But, quibbles aside, these rankings place them both among the top 20 professional baseball players of all time but yet those members of the BBWAA, who are entitled to vote, couldn't bring themselves to elect Bonds and Clemens to Cooperstown, even though other players suspected or proven to you used PEDS, including the "Big Poppi" who's 63rd on ESPN's list, have been voted in?

Give me a break! Hopefully the HOF Veterans Committee will "fix" this problem.

BTW, IMO, I think the "morality" instructions to HOF voters are nonsense and that Pete Rose should also be in the HOF, based on his performance on the field. Put an asterisk or footnote on his HOF plaque (along w/one for Bonds and Clemens, if you like) but there is no doubt that they all should be in the HOF.

BTW, I've be visited Cooperstown and the Hall of Plaques looks like a colombarium. LOL! ;)
"Clemens 17th behind Pedro Martinez and Walter Johnson but ahead of Cy Young, Tom Seaver, Randy Johnson and Christy Matthewson, Sandy Koufax and Bob Gibson. IDK about that either."

I can quibble for sure out position players, but I have big problems with the pitchers.

Steve Carlton 58??? I don't even LIKE the Phillies, but he needs MUCH higher. He had longevity, and his peak season in 1972 was the greatest season I have ever seen by any player bar none. He got screwed because he wouldn't talk to reporters, plain and simple.

Just ranking the top ten starting pitchers I have actually seen (sorry, Walter Johnson, Christy Matthewson, Cy Young and the greatest reliever ever, The Sandman) . . . I have . . . Max Scherzer, Pedro Martinez, Clayton Kershaw, Warren Spahn, Roger Clemens, Sandy Koufax, Tom Seaver, Randy Johnson, Steve Carlton, Greg Maddux. Honorable Mention to Justin Verlander, Juan Marichal and Nolan Ryan.

BTW, shouldn't pitchers and catchers be reporting soon?

Back