Random Thought Thread

Hello Nathan,

you can see that I am not a long time here in the forum. I bought two knives from member here in the forum, that is all, but good members. Today I was in the section buy by individuals at 3:00 eastern time. I could not see your offer.
Than 4 minutes later I decided to go to your link and then I saw your offer about the K-18 but not before. You have to go to your link then you can see your offer at 3:00 but you cannot see it in the right time at buy by individuals in bladeforums. I do not understand it. But seven people before me want to buy the K-18. I was in time to buy it at 3:00, but 6 people before me bought it also at exactly 3:00, therefore I think the chance was small.
7 people is maybe not enough to do a bunch of new k-18 blades, but K-18 some people want it.
Maybe you do some more in future, but maybe it is too difficult, we are not knife makers.
Greetings Tilo Barh

Hello Nathan,

you can see that I am not a long time here in the forum. I bought two knives from member here in the forum, that is all, but good members. Today I was in the section buy by individuals at 3:00 eastern time. I could not see your offer.
Than 4 minutes later I decided to go to your link and then I saw your offer about the K-18 but not before. You have to go to your link then you can see your offer at 3:00 but you cannot see it in the right time at buy by individuals in bladeforums. I do not understand it. But seven people before me want to buy the K-18. I was in time to buy it at 3:00, but 6 people before me bought it also at exactly 3:00, therefore I think the chance was small.
7 people is maybe not enough to do a bunch of new k-18 blades, but K-18 some people want it.
Maybe you do some more in future, but maybe it is too difficult, we are not knife makers.
Greetings Tilo Barh
Nathan's sales are in the Knife Makers section, not the For Sale by Individual section. And yes, they can be very quick depending what's for sale.

View attachment 1817305

sgt1372 sgt1372

Glad you're okay...I only had that happen to one set of tires, a few decades ago while driving from NYC to Miami when I transferred down on the job.

Hope that isn't something which happens with my new Toyo Open Country AT3's that I put on the 4Runner in mid-February.

Hello Nathan,

Greetings Tilo Barh

Hello Tilo Barh! Welcome and thanks for joining us here.

The K18 was a pre-order with extras made to cover eventualities and is not a standard pattern. It ended up being a difficult and time consuming pattern that we won't make more of, but there are still a few that will be finished out and sold on the Friday sales as time allows. We will also bring a couple to the Atlanta Blade Show in a few weeks. We will not revisit the pattern again in the future and make more in the future, I've already discarded the fixtures, it is off-the-table. Once these are gone I never want to see them again, but there are probably a dozen remaining that will finish out when I can get the time to work on them.

Heavy Duty medium chopper with antique micarta handles. Freaky streaky antique micarta handles. This is not the medium chopper, it is the much bigger heavy duty medium chopper.

WITHDRAWN
Looking to trade this for a large antique ship in a bottle or taxidermy bear.

Why am I picturing D dericdesmond carefully building a ship in a bottle this weekend?🤣

Hello Tilo Barh! Welcome and thanks for joining us here.

The K18 was a pre-order with extras made to cover eventualities and is not a standard pattern. It ended up being a difficult and time consuming pattern that we won't make more of, but there are still a few that will be finished out and sold on the Friday sales as time allows. We will also bring a couple to the Atlanta Blade Show in a few weeks. We will not revisit the pattern again in the future and make more in the future, I've already discarded the fixtures, it is off-the-table. Once these are gone I never want to see them again, but there are probably a dozen remaining that will finish out when I can get the time to work on them.

There's a chance....lol

There's a chance....lol
x1080

"Absolutely..."

Feel lucky to be alive! ;)

ELhBtIx.jpg

Here's a pic of the front left tire of my F250 after a 100 mile RT drive at speeds of up to 70-75 mph 2-3 wks ago. The tires didn't look that way when I started because I always visually check my tires before starting off on a trip.

The tires -- Toyo Cross Country MTs - only had 20k on them. The tire has strands of the steel belts sticking out and looks like the tread is about to completely separate. :eek:

Didn't notice this until last week after the truck had been parked for awhile and I just bought a new set yesterday.

It was the most expensive set of tires that I ever purchased. Later discovered that I could have bought them a bit cheaper but that would have required a wait and I wanted to get it done ASAP for obvious reasons. ;)
Wow.

Covered by warranty? Road hazard coverage? Something, for goodness sake!

Back