Random Thought Thread

Pig's foot is one of the few weird foods that I have tried that I didn't like
Well, since you opened that door, what are some of the weird things you've tried that you DID like?

In my travels to various different countries, there's only one time I can remember refusing to even try something. At a guess, I've definitely tried more weird things than most, to the point I'll refrain from listing them.

Well, since you opened that door, what are some of the weird things you've tried that you DID like?

In my travels to various different countries, there's only one time I can remember refusing to even try something. At a guess, I've definitely tried more weird things than most, to the point I'll refrain from listing them.
well THAT'S no fun

I hate to see the damage and losses of family momentos that can't be replaced. I'm very thankfully lives weren't lost, but it's sad when things that can never be replaced are lost.
I thought by as bad as things looked last night it was a miracle no one was killed, but this morning finding out lives were lost. They haven't released a number yet but have just said several.

Having recently spent about $1.7k for 4 knives, I passed on this original LNIB Spyderco Schempp Tuff (C151GTIP) that was offered to me for "just" $345 and I feel better for it. :)

s-l1600.webp

I've got a quite a few Schempp designed Spydercos in my collection but I never liked the looks of the Tuff and could never bring myself to buy one. I feel the same way about a variety of other Spydercos but I still currently own 176 of them nonetheless.

Even this knife "collector" has to have some limits. LOL! 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

I like chicken feet

Pig's foot is one of the few weird foods that I have tried that I didn't like

Still working on sourcing enough surströmming for a challenge during your shindig in October. Going to send it with Mike157 Mike157

Not only will he bring it, but he’ll win it. Put all the goddamn hot peppers you want on it, kids - ain’t gonna help ya.

Here’s this gem again, just because I love watching it:

Still working on sourcing enough surströmming for a challenge during your shindig in October. Going to send it with Mike157 Mike157

Not only will he bring it, but he’ll win it. Put all the goddamn hot peppers you want on it, kids - ain’t gonna help ya.

Here’s this gem again, just because I love watching it:

Seen the videos, but that's one thing I haven't tried (or even smelled). Not sure if I would. Although I'm fairly curious, and adventurous, and willing to try a lot of things, I'm not really a, "See if you can eat this..." just for the challenge/heck of it, type.

I like chicken feet
So what was it about the pig's feet you didn't like?

I've had chicken feet. The flavor was fine (which is more about how it was cooked/seasoned), I'm just not particularly a fan of them, because I didn't find any pros to them, vs the work to put in for a tiny amount of skin and meat. That they're an odd part of the animal, wasn't an issue.

Amongst the other weird things I've tried that were OK, but just not really my thing, were Balut, and split duck heads.

Had the same thoughts about the split duck heads, as with chicken feet; the sauce was great, but there's nothing more than skin and a tiny bit of meat. I'd rather have regular parts of the duck (or chicken) with substantially more meat, cooked in the same manner.

Same reason why I'm not a fan of some types of fish with tons of tiny little bones in every single bite. I prefer fish that doesn't feel like it takes an hour per mouthful, to spit out all the bones (and I'm not one to chew/swallow those tiny bones).

Last edited:
I've had pigs feet that were braised, pulled and then formed into a fritter and fried. It was delicious and tasted like very flavorful pulled pork. It just depends on how you cook it.

So what was it about the pig's feet you didn't like?

I've had chicken feet. The flavor was fine (which is more about how it was cooked/seasoned), I'm just not particularly a fan of them, because I didn't find any pros to them, vs the work to put in for a tiny amount of skin and meat. That they're an odd part of the animal, wasn't an issue.

Amongst the other weird things I've tries that were OK, but just not really my thing, were Balut, and split duck heads.

Had the same thoughts about the split duck heads, as with chicken feet; the sauce was great, but there's nothing more than skin and a tiny bit of meat. I'd rather have regular parts of the duck (or chicken) with substantially more meat, cooked in the same manner.

Same reason why I'm not a fan of some types of fish with tons of tiny little bones in every single bite. I prefer fish that doesn't feel like it takes an hour per mouthful, to spit out all the bones (and I'm not one to chew/swallow those tiny bones).
A lot of Asian cultures appreciate chewy textures that Westeners don't like. Like sea cucumber, which feels like chewing rubber, or duck tongue, which is a little bone with a tiny bit of cartilage around it.

I've had pigs feet that were braised, pulled and then formed into a fritter and fried. It was delicious and tasted like very flavorful pulled pork. It just depends on how you cook it.

A lot of Asian cultures appreciate chewy textures that Westeners don't like. Like sea cucumber, which feels like chewing rubber, or duck tongue, which is a little bone with a tiny bit of cartilage around it.
There are undoubtedly a lot of textures in various World cuisines, that many typical Westerners have difficulty getting used to, ranging from rubbery, to snot-like.

I generally don't have an issue with that. I love calamari, squid and octopus, (including trying live octopus. It's a bit of a weird experience when the thing you're trying to eat, is trying to crawl back out of your mouth).

Didn't really like the sea cucumber I tried, but mostly due to the lack of flavor, rather than the texture.

As mentioned, though, there are some foods/delicacies that I'm not fond of, not because of the flavor or texture, but simply because they fall into the category of "more trouble than it's worth/too much hassle for too little reward".

I didn't mind the pig's feet or oxtail because there's more meat compared to the chicken feet. I also don't mind skin/fat as long as there's meat with it, but chicken feet (and split duck heads) fall into the category of "whole lotta hassle for mostly skin and hardly any meat".

Please explain and post pics. How does the truck steer and how are controls operated?
To enter the vehicle he had zip ties tied to the handle but left lotsa meat without cutting it so he could use his teeth to pull the door open.

It also has a fob he kept in the gas tank that when put close to this part of the driver tail light it force opens the driver door and unlocks the truck

He would jump in,,remove a special stick from his set up with his mouth (used a straw to illustrate) and use said stick to utilize the computer to start the truck and change gears. The red button around the knee area force opens the door.

To steer,,directly left of the brake there is a circular plate that has a shoe affixed to it that he will slide into and use to steer with his left foot. Ive since removed the shoe and look to remove the plate soon as its very close to the brake. I set my crock on top to illustrate.

Turn signals/horn,,button on head rest directly behind the noggin. Tap once for left tap 2x for right, hold for honk.

To do similar with his replacement chevy made the 40k truck cost $80k.

I wanna remove the computer and instill a gear shifter but have a feeling its not gonna be cheap so will likely just deal with it and use it only when I need it. That and the damn computer is constantly beeping saying the aux battery is low but I replaced both of em so thats not the case. Will prilly have to find someone specialized to turn it off for a grand so until then I ear bud it up 🤘🏼

Will try and add pics to this post later

BAMF there^

Last edited:
To enter the vehicle he had zip ties tied to the handle but left lotsa meat without cutting it so he could use his teeth to pull the door open.

It also has a fob he kept in the gas tank that when put close to this part of the driver tail light it force opens the driver door and unlocks the truck

He would jump in,,remove a special stick from his set up with his mouth (used a straw to illustrate) and use said stick to utilize the computer to start the truck and change gears. The red button around the knee area force opens the door.

To steer,,directly left of the brake there is a circular plate that has a shoe affixed to it that he will slide into and use to steer with his left foot. Ive since removed the shoe and look to remove the plate soon as its very close to the brake. I set my crock on top to illustrate.

Turn signals/horn,,button on head rest directly behind the noggin. Tap once for left tap 2x for right, hold for honk.

To do similar with his replacement chevy made the 40k truck cost $80k.

I wanna remove the computer and instill a gear shifter but have a feeling its not gonna be cheap so will likely just deal with it and use it only when I need it. That and the damn computer is constantly beeping saying the aux battery is low but I replaced both of em so thats not the case. Will prilly have to find someone specialized to turn it off for a grand so until then I ear bud it up 🤘🏼

Will try and add pics to this post later

BAMF there^
Dude that's freaking awesome, good for him !

I've never seen a set up like that

Back