Recurves; like them? hate them?

What is your opinion on recurved blades?

• Total voters
What type of outdoor activities??

Bushcraft/woodcraft/campcraft, depending upon what word you associate with outdoor activities (I've dubbed the knife WoodCrafter XL). I processed some small game with it too. For me a recurve seems to work well for a lot of what I use a knife for.

Wood-Crafter-XL-1.jpg

Wood-Crafter-XL-2.jpg

I’m not really crazy about recurves mostly because I don’t like the way they look, plus it just feels awkward sharpening recurved blades.

I pretty much lose interest if the blade has a recurve...not sure why, ive always not been a fan. I think they look nice, especially on fixed blades...but just cant get myself to buy one.
*shoulder shrug* :(

I don't mind a slight recurve but when it is very deep it makes it difficult for me to strop and sharpen the knife. The below knife is about as deep as I like my recurve to be and this one is very subtle.

Satori 2.jpg

My first "modern" folder had a mild recurve. I thought it looked awesome and using it a few times made it apparent that it served a purpose. The engineer in me approves! :thumbsup:

Recurve doesn't bother me, but I don't seek it out. I have bought knives that just happen to have a recurve like the Benchmade 710 and ZT0301. They perform well, but most of my knives do not have recurve.

Back