• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

removed from Concerns About Surviv Business and Misleading Lead Tlme

I'm no fan of Guy or Survive but I think it's pretty cold to bring up dirt from 16+ years ago. Whatever Guy's circumstances at the time I would hope that he would be allowed to get over it. Otherwise we are all only as good as the worst thing we've done.

Agree 100%. If people who've made mistakes in their past aren't allowed to move forward with their lives and learn from those mistakes, what's the benefit for them to try to reform in the first place? If they keep making those same types of mistakes, that's a pattern of behavior and a different matter entirely.

I do not now, nor have I ever had any money in a survive knife, but by all accounts they sound like excellent knives. It does seem like there's plenty of legitimate concerns about the company and their business practices, so I won't be ordering one unless they can fix their problems and find a way to transition to a more conventional sales system. If that can happen and there's a model that I want, a mistake made by an idiot kid a couple of decades ago isn't going to enter into my decision since it appears to be a bad choice instead of a pattern of behavior. What he does now and in the future is what will shape that decision.

Lots of successful business owners have some past records and end up creating business simply because their records either prevents them from landing a good job or at the very least places a chip on their shoulders to have more drive than the average in order to prove the doubters wrong. I am proud of my Country to afford such people with these free enterprise opportunities without hampering them with certain bureaucracies and regulation red tape (try doing this in France, for instance!).

Granted that a felony will prevent some people from obtaining certain licenses when an FBI background check is required (for instance, the DMV in most likelihood will not issue you a license to own an auto dealership, ironic huh?!) but as long as one's sought area of business does not involve the Feds, one gets better odds that would in most other countries. Still some past mistakes and records will prevent and/or place obstacles in one's path when it comes certain aspects of running a business such as more free access to working capital and loans. These challenges are not insurmountable though as long as one works their a**es of, is diligent and delivers as good or better than promised, to name a few.

My Paypal from Survive! refund came through. So now I am relieved and can go about my business.

I got Jordyn to change my 4.1 CPM3V pre-sale order to a 4.7 which will hopefully be a factory 2nd.
It'll only be available after all the exsiting pre-orders have shipped, but at least that'll be quite a few months before that 4.1 pre-sale would have shipped (in theory).

So now my pre-order 4.7 will have some company :D

Last edited:
Refunds in less than a month ok? I'm still baffled by this. And no need to explain the game, I'm a vetted pro (its that experience that kept me from falling for "such a business plan". Keep in mind, that from what I'm reading here is that these people have been waiting long enough. Once a refund is requested it should be processed in a timely manner. A month is not timely.... period. Sounds to me like this outfit is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Bear in mind, I don't have any interest in SK, BUT I do have interest in my fellow BF members getting screwed no matter the vehicle in which they are done so. This whole situation bears enough merit to be investigated.

All that being said, it's a shame since I really like their designs and their knives seem to review very well. Just my two cents.

I'm not suggesting things are perfect.
My comment was mostly that refunds have continued trickling out, rather than stopped completely.
That is, there is no sign things have worsened recently.

Dude, can't you read? SHIPPING LABELS! That's taking every second, Ellie's busy hitting print-print-print so she doesn't have time to log-in to Paypal, and click "Issue a Refund". Wait your turn, she's busy. Their Instagram says so. SHIPPING LABELS.

LOL
I will say in all honesty it is MUCH harder to hit the refund button than it is the ship now or invoice buttons. :)

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

I received my refund from Survive. Thanks to Jordyn and Ellie for the timely response in getting it out. I am not of fan of paying in full upfront and will probably never do it again. I will continue to look for Survive knives to purchase via the exchange. I do think they make a quality knife and I wish nothing but the best for Guy, Ellie and Survive going forward.

Back