• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it not be interesting to reach and contact dear ole dad and let him know exactly what happened... If I was his dad I would would return the watch to you and let his son feel the heat.... Good point Joe

Assuming dear ole dad even got the watch at all. Who's to say he didn't get the watch and pawn it...

I wouldn't keep dog piling just yet. I'd like to see the other party address this.

I think this whole story stinks .. I would target the Father . I would draw up some papers and send them registered Mail to his door ASAP . I bet he was so proud of his son when he received it.. Only now he would know that it was pretty much stolen property and most likely would agree to hand it over. For a guy who makes his living pretty much through the social media outlets for sales this was a extremely risky move and very disingenuous of him .

Leave his father out of it. Leave family out of it unless you have hard facts to show they are in on the scam. This is Dustin Turpin's debt to pay.

Leave his father out of it. Leave family out of it unless you have hard facts to show they are in on the scam. This is Dustin Turpin's debt to pay.

Thanks. I agree. It does not really matter what was done with the watch or who it was given to. This was an agreement between myself and Dustin only.

While I truly appreciate everyone's comments, I hope that we can keep things respectful for everyone involved. I just wanted to let folks know what happened since I could not seem to get Dustin to own up to the situation. I don't want to attack anyone; the facts are what the facts are and people can draw their own conclusions and decide for themselves how to use this information. At least that's how I see it.

By the way, several people have suggested putting up posts on IG. I already did so and tagged Dustin. No response. He made his real account private about a month ago, maybe anticipating that I would make this public, not sure.

Have a good day all.

Last edited:
What an unfortunate series of events. Kudos to you, Lawfor, for the levelheadedness and respect you have maintained throughout this process.

As my boss would say: underreact, then react, then overreact (if necessary). Keep your chin up -- you've done more than right by Dustin, and I'm almost certain he will fulfill his side of the deal, whether it is driven by an urge to do right or by guilt.

Assuming dear ole dad even got the watch at all. Who's to say he didn't get the watch and pawn it...

Good point. Would not surprise me if Dustin is wearing it a the Blade show.............now that would be interesting. He could have just used that whole dad/present thing to get the OP to send him the watch before he even attempted to make him a knife.
Judging from DT's comments and the story line; he does not seem like he is that nice of a guy to give his father in-law a $7K watch.

Thanks. I agree. It does not really matter what was done with the watch or who it was given to. This was an agreement between myself and Dustin only.

While I truly appreciate everyone's comments, I hope that we can keep things respectful for everyone involved. I just wanted to let folks know what happened since I could not seem to get Dustin to own up to the situation. I don't want to attack anyone; the facts are what the facts are and people can draw their own conclusions and decide for themselves how to use this information. At least that's how I see it.

By the way, several people have suggested putting up posts on IG. I already did so and tagged Dustin. No response. He made his real account private about a month ago, maybe anticipating that I would make this public, not sure.

Have a good day all.

He posted he was changing his IG account to private about 7 weeks ago. Does seem odd ,he says if you don't have any contact info or depending on your name he may or may not accept you . Seems fishy to me he doesn't want to show any of his works in progress anymore .

Op seems like a legitimately nice guy with a ton of patience ,shame this had to happen .

Good point. Would not surprise me if Dustin is wearing it a the Blade show.............now that would be interesting. He could have just used that whole dad/present thing to get the OP to send him the watch before he even attempted to make him a knife.
Judging from DT's comments and the story line; he does not seem like he is that nice of a guy to give his father in-law a $7K watch.

Thank you for your comments.

Respectfully, I would rather not speculate about such things as I think it can cause more unnessary problems.

All I know is that the watch was to be a gift for his father-in-law as per Dustin and I have absolutely no reason to think that it was anything other than that.

I don't want to make any suggestions beyond the clear facts here - and I have tried to share those as plainly as I know them.

Thanks.

What an unfortunate series of events. Kudos to you, Lawfor, for the levelheadedness and respect you have maintained throughout this process.

As my boss would say: underreact, then react, then overreact (if necessary). Keep your chin up -- you've done more than right by Dustin, and I'm almost certain he will fulfill his side of the deal, whether it is driven by an urge to do right or by guilt.

Thank you. I hope that is how it works out. I would like nothing more than to have it resolved quickly and fairly and to be done with the whole unfortunate experience. I have learned a valuable lesson.

Well, the father in law may find out regardless. This post has already moved to the second page of Google when you search "Dustin Turpin." Also, people are posting this to other forums, so that's even more exposure.

Well, the father in law may find out regardless. This post has already moved to the second page of Google when you search "Dustin Turpin." Also, people are posting this to other forums, so that's even more exposure.

Man, this Dustin Turpin of

www.turpin-knives.com seems like a real piece of work. "I stopped responding because I got tired of explaining myself?"

Looks like Dustin Turpin is going to have A LOT of explaining to do once we get the Google hit to #1!

Last edited:
No question who the "bad guy" is here. But...who the hell pays anyone $7,500 in advance? Sheesh.

I checked out Dustin Turpin's website. He makes some nice looking knives, shame because he apparently has no moral compass or class at all. Theft is what i'd call it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back