Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

"Glennbad RR GAW I'm in"

This thread is going to get a lot of bumping. Gotta love RR's. I've got a few..... dozen..... dozen. :D. Would love to have one a little "tuned up".

First post on the forum, I've been reading through the last 20 or so pages over the last few days and figured I should sign up and get involved :) I have a few Roughies in my collection: A red jigged bone stockman, a white smooth bone barlow, an amber jigged bone baby or tiny toothpick I can't really remember which, I don't use it because it has pretty major side to side play. I also recently bought a Premium select mini trapper but I'm planning to return it as it has a few issues and honestly, in person, the basic bone versions are nicer IMO.

Anyway, here they are!
(edit: just noticed the hair in the image... gross, sorry about that haha)
kCyydHq.jpg

kCyydHq
I agree, the basic knives are better from RR. I also have a premium select. Im selling it as I write this, I just prefer the simple knives.

"Glennbad RR GAW I'm in"

I am new to the forum but Id like to have a chance at this. Thanks so much for the opprotunity! :) This will be my first muskrat if I win, and I will use the knife on my trapline this winter to skin muskrats if I win. :)

You guys have some awesome collections! I have a few RRs. I really like them alot, I have a copper series fishing knife (gonna try to return it for replacement maybe since Ive beat it up and its about to give up the ghost), a yellowhorse congress that I whittle with and a Marbles 3 blade trapper in bonestag I think. My favorite is the Marbles. Last winter, I used it on my trapline quite a bit skinning animals and it performed flawlessly! Its become one of my favorite knives, and it was cheap. I love the bone covers on it and I like the blades.

It is plenty big enough for skinning the cutting edge is 2 and 1\8 long and 7/8th tall.

Im a hunter and trapper, and it looks like a skinning knife to me. I use a butcher knife at times when skinning, and its got much the same blade shape, I think it would work great.

"Glennbad RR GAW I'm in"

That is, indeed a beautiful knife. I've only recently started collecting, and I've been focusing on whittling friendly blades and patterns. I've been thinking that a Muskrat and/or Trapper would probably be one of the last patterns I collect because of the redundant blades, but the Wharncliffe/Clip combination on this one makes it a real winner.

Lifetime warranty I believe.
I went to their official site and couldn't find anything that mentioned a warranty, but I've found people on other forums and blogs saying that they helped them repair or replace pretty much no questions asked even when they let RR know that they didn't have a receipt or they weren't the original purchaser.

Nice!

Lifetime warranty I believe.
Also, as a result of this search I got to Smoky Mountain Knife Works and learned two things.

First, I didn't know that RR was an American company making their knives in China. I don't have a problem with Chinese knife companies. I know that at least one - Sanrenmu, is making knives for some high-end American companies, and makes some very interesting designs of their own. But, it's nice being able to deal with an American company if you have any problems that need to be resolved.

Second, they make an amazing range of patterns and variations! Wow.

Also, as a result of this search I got to Smoky Mountain Knife Works and learned two things.

First, I didn't know that RR was an American company making their knives in China. ...
Second, they make an amazing range of patterns and variations! Wow.
Yep. RR makes more patterns and variations than Case. :)
RR makea a daRn good knife, too. :)

Winner winner chicken dinner! I put all of the valid entries into a random number generator.

tmd_87 send me your full name and mailing address and claim your modded improved muskrat! Congrats and thanks everyone for playing. It's my bday on Friday and I plan on getting it out to you before then if you can ping me!

Back